Can it be saved

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by BlueB5.5, Jun 16, 2010.

1. BlueB5.5

BlueB5.5 Virgin Detailer

Hi all, thinking of picking up some stock leather seats to replace the cloth seats in my 03 Passat. I found a set locally but they are in pretty poor shape. I have been doing some research on the forum and am looking into Leatherique, zymol, etc. Anybody have experience with Volkswagen leather and able to make some suggestions. Anybody restore a set of seats in this condition and have before and after pics? Here's a pic of the driver seat, I am most worried about the rub marks where the previous owner got in and out.

[​IMG]

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Those seats can be saved. You can actually redye the discolored area. There's also a product that is like putty that can be placed on top of cracks. After the putty dries it can be redyed with no issues.

Where do you live? There's a guy on Autopia (quality leather) that knows good people in the leather industry. He recommended me a guy in PA that does outstanding work, but I relocated to another state before I could get my interior redone.

3. Tjfrom215

Tjfrom215 Birth of a Detailer

GDAL, is that guy in philly? ide like to take my lexus seats to him,
    and I definately think those seats can be saved! they dont look SO bad

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

He's in Quakertown (right off RT 309). I'll PM you his phone. He doesn't have a website and he'll do it at home (even though his business is mobile only to dealerships). He turned his garage into lab where he mixes leather dyes. He does work for high-end dealerships in the area (lehigh valley infiniti among others).

5. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Yo G you wanna send me a PM too? That would be sick for high-end restorations if I can get him fixing the seats while I work on the paint :applause2:

6. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

Can you PM me his phone as well, my Porsche Seats in need of some help, hes only about 30 mins from me, its perfect

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I lost his phone number, but I already PM the guy that referred me to him. I'll send a PM to everyone as soon as I get it. It's gonna take a few days.

8. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I pmed everyone that needed Jon's contact.