Calgary is cold!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by sneek, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

so...it is -15C outside and it feels like -22C with windchill...and I am washing my new car.

Thing to know about cold washing. Wear warm shoes, your feet will get cold quickly. Get lots of drying towels. WW usually leave a light streak of water on the car, in the winter, these water droplets freeze to the finish. It is not fun.

[rant]
    I just inspected my car and the Honda dealership did a rock chip repair on my car. The did a shitty job of doing the touch up paint! Plus they didnt tell me. I am pissed and I am going to call them. I know they take all hondas for an 8km test drive, but at least tell me if you do a repair. I got the car in the dark, so it was hard to see everything.

heads will roll.

[/rant]

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

so mad. I am going to email them.
    [​IMG]
    That is their touch up job
    [​IMG]
    that is a rock chip i got yesterday.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Screw emailing them Pat, pick up the blower and give them a bollocking!!!

That unacceptable on a new vehicle...

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Well someone is already coming to my house because they forgot to put on my locking lug nuts...so I will show them. Is it legal for them to make repairs without telling me? I was under the impression that they were not allowed to. I know it is minor, but it is the principles behind it. I am starting to dislike thid dealership already. They better make it right ....

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

sorry to hear that pat, but im glad you wshed your car. Onr is a greta tool even in freezeing weather.

6. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

They should have let you know about the repair. If you've paid for the vehicle, signed the papers on a NEW vehicle...it should be SPOTLESS!

7. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

just dont do as justin does,you might get ban from the dealership :rollinglaugh:

8. Nica

Nica Banned

ooooh problems already huh...well that dosent surprise me....when I got my Lexus I made the mistake of having the dealership install the 3M and the person who installed it used a rasor blade to cut the 3M right on the surface of the vehicle and dug to deep on the paint and actualy went all the way through to the bare metal...when I went to pick up the vehicle I gave it a thorough inspecion and noticed this and refused to take delivery of the vehicle. Managers were called in and at the end I went home in a loaner and I got a new hood, bumper, fenders and side view mirrors...all replaced by original factory panels. I dug my heals and refused to take ownership of the vehicle till I was happy with my vehicle....well long story short I'm sure the dealership hardly made money from mee....but not my problem.

Well the point is sneek that if your serious about getting this settled then stand your ground and if you do threaten them make sure you are ready to follow through. Oh and be very catious when they ask you.."Mr. Pat...what would it take to please you?" becuase once you answer they will hold you to that and if later you come back saying oh by the way I need this and this and this...your prity much shot your self on the foot...what you demand/ask for make sure that you don't forget anything...oh if you have the power....threaten them by saying you'll return the vehicle if they refuse to fix the problem.....I had this at the Acura dealership...long story....but like I said I've lost my faith on dealerships and now that I know how to properly inpsect, take care, maintain a vehicle next vehicle I purhcase no one will touch it...I want to be the one to remove the plastic and if they refuse then I'll just take my business else were...again that's just me being anal that's all.

Wish you all the best my friend, I'd like go hear how you make it...keep us posted.

9. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

haha people are going to start thinking I'm a violent person!!

Keep us informed about how it plays out. Don't take no for an answer!

10. exoticGuy

exoticGuy Birth of a Detailer

I know this is old, but.. lol I've worked at dealerships for a few years now, and my understanding is that anything done to the vehicle before you sign the papers and pay for the thing doesn't have to be reported to you. It's the same idea if you're selling a used car. You don't have to disclose everything the car's been through up to that point.

To play devil's advocate, that rock chip could have happened after you picked the car up. Most dealers will point things out to you like that. On the other hand, some wont either. I used to do touchups on cars when they had rock chips, but it was always a good job hahahaaa

Sometimes we even ended up giving the customer a new bug deflector to make it seem as though the dealer is really nice, when in reality we're using that to cover up imperfections lol Sometimes rock guarding was used the same way..

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D it was resolved. I was satisfied with how things were settled.

12. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Do tell...