Cadillac CTS-V Coupe from Horrible to Stunning all for a good cause.

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Francisco Santiago, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Francisco Santiago

Francisco Santiago Virgin Detailer

A little bit about this project. A good friend of mine happens to be a police officer, after retiring from the swat team finally got rid of his GTO and got this car for a great deal.

He called me and told me something was wrong with the paint and such, I am sure you all know where this is going.

He wanted to make his car look new again. I picked it up for him and dropped it off to our shop.

If you guys follow our other detailing thread here, Pinpointhttp://http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/62417-pinpoint-precision-auto-detailing-show-tell-galleria-47.html

Scroll down the the bottom and you will clearly see how bad the paint was, even dirty.

Being a friend of mine and knowing the field that he works and most of all, done so much for me in the past, we hooked him up big time.

More before shots that shows how bad a bad job performed can do to your paint's finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tools and more tools.

Rupes21
    Flex3401
    FineClay
    Wetsanding (1500/2000/3000) in some areas
    Yellow/orange/white pads
    Gyeon Bath Foam
    Gyeon Iron (wheels/panels)
    Gyeon Prep (x2) all panels
    Gyeon Rim Coating (2 layers)
    Gyeon View Coating
    Kamikaze Collection Miyabi coat and ISM Coat. 2 layers each.

Washing and Decon stages begins.....

Carried out with 2 buckets and Gyeon Bath.

[​IMG]

This is a 50/50 and clearl visible how horrible the paint was to begin with.

Rupes21/Compound/Flex3401/Polish/Flex3401 again plus a 3rd final polishing step.

50/50 of how severe this job was going to be. Again, attitude always looking forward to when I am finished. It's for a good cause. More about that again later.

[​IMG]

Remember the hood, this hood?

[​IMG]

After Wetsanding, 1500/2000/3000 as my test spot, I followed again with 3 stages of polishing.

50/50 and car was pulled out in order to see the huge difference.

[​IMG]

Reason why Wetsanding was carried out after we took measurements of the paint was due to the fact that this car has had a fresh paint job done on its lifetime only to the front end of the vehicle. Heavy orange peel was present. So I wanted to make sure that I took care of that as well.

Read quarter panel

50/50

[​IMG]

Trunk

50/50

[​IMG]

This was no easy job due to the fact that one, this car was in horrible shape and two, this was for a good cause.

Feeling a little pressure on me that's for sure but little by little it was getting there.

Door before/after

[​IMG]

Notice the heavy D.A sand marks, pigtails and heavy swirl marks.

Entire side of the vehicle

Before/after

[​IMG]

3 days later after all the polishing and coating applied and cured with Infrared curing lights, the car was finally done.

My good friend had no clue what we did to the car at all.

See the good cause now comes in.

He left the car with us to just have a look at it and perform just a nice wash and wax thing. The same day, his GF took him out on a trip and he had asked us to keep the car. Everything was planned with her to ensure he had no idea what we were doing to his car.

Kind of like Overhauling here.

When he came back he was in for a surprise.

We opened the bay and first thought I was joking when I told him, that this was his car.

20 minutes passed and he still couldn't believe that this was the same car he had dropped off 3 days prior.

He had asked me if I had done a new respray job you name it, every imaginable thing.

Here are the beauty shots after 3 long days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even detailed his engine and protected all the plastic pieces with a coating as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy deserves this amazing gift as I have known him for a long time, always saving up for this moment. Always with a smile on his face and helping our community with his life. I wouldn't want to take a penny even if he wanted to give me the money, it's not about that but giving back as he does to us everyday.

His tears made me realize the little things and this is the good deed of many to come hopefully in the future.

Thanks for looking and I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Activa 2 and malypb like this.
  2. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Beautiful job, car, and story!

Francisco Santiago likes this.
  3. Francisco Santiago

Thank you Andy.

4. CG SoCal

CG SoCal Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great save, even better cause. Nice work!

Francisco Santiago likes this.
  5. Francisco Santiago

Thanks bud.