Buying a GG6 from Phil, stick with my 6.5" pads or get the 5" kit?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ricky bobby, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

Hey guys just wanted your opinions for what I need as a weekend warrior. I have an original PC 7424 which has served me well for 7 years now, and it has been relegated to Uber 4" pad duty with the Uber 3" backing plate. Believe it or not I used 6.5" pads on the PC with decent results, obviously not enough power for great correction but it served me well.

So I currently have the following 6.5" pads:

-1 Uber Orange
    -1 Uber Yellow
    -2 Uber Green
    -2 MF Cutting meg's
    -2 Uber cutting
    -2 Uber Black

What do you think is better, just to stick with the pads I have and add to the collection? My compound of choice currently is FG400 with MF cutting pad for aggressive results, and SF4000 with Uber Green or Uber Orange, and I'm also going to be ordering Sonax Fini Parfait on my next order to try out.

I feel like having the 4" pad machine (7424) and those pads would be able to get me where I couldn't with 6.5" pads on the GG6. If I got the 5" setup on the GG6 and had the 4" setup on the PC, I would be selling all those 6.5" pads.

Thoughts?

2. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

Like I said on megs, all you need are two polishes for correction and one for extra jeweling. Don't fall into the whole I need a polish for every grit, trust me you don't.

Fg400 + Sonax 3/6 and SF4500 for extreme jeweling. Also I rarely use any 6 inch BP.

3. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

Yeah right now my combo is FG400 + Sonax 4/6 or SF4000, I wanted to get the smaller bottle from Phil but yes I only use 2-3 products for correcting, there are people that buy every product in the market and its crazy unless you go through a bottle of product often. Thanks man, and I did the math I'd be stupid not to get the 5" kit from Phil as it's like $30 extra, and he still gives you the stock 6" BP so I can still use all those 6" pads if I really wanted to.