Business card placement

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by WashingJosh, Nov 21, 2011.

1. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

Hey guys, is it acceptable to put a business card between the driver window and the gasket? Or is this the same thing as putting a flyer underneath the windshield wiper?
    Please keep in mind if I do this it will be for advertising headlight restoration that I'm trying to push right now. It wouldn't be for detailing because I have a few regulars, well enough to keep me busy in that aspect.
    I typically wouldn't do this, but the service I'm going after doesn't offer repeat business just referrals. Therefore it would require a constant flow of new customers.

Thanks ahead of time for input you may have.

2. NorthernPerfectionist

NorthernPerfectionist Virgin Detailer

It is acceptable. Legally, that is.
    Everyone will have a different opinion about if you should or not, some will like it, some wont....I personally say yes, but its up 2 you.

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I personally say no; a little part inside of me feels violated when anyone touches my car without my knowledge. But I'm sure I'm in a small minority that feels that way.

4. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Maybe, but I think most of us here would be in that same minority.:thumb:

5. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I won't leave them on the car, since I hate it when people do it to me. I will however give it to the driver if I happen to run into them coming in, or leaving a store.

6. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

I'm in agreement with Chaseme. I hate that someone had the nerve to touch my car for the sake of their advertising. I put it up there with phone calls from telemarketers (annoying).

However if you're singling out problem cars to do this with, then I would understand. Maybe place your card in the rubber of the drivers door window so it's noticed right away and not once you get in the car with your seatbelt on.

7. hostage1978

hostage1978 DB Forum Supporter

have 3x5 cards made up and fold it in half so it stands up, leave it next to the driver door. you give them respect while delivering your message

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What happens when it blows away?

9. hostage1978

sry, see post #11

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I dont know, doesnt sound very professional to me.

11. hostage1978

OK, now that I'm not on my phone I can illustrate something professional that can be left beside a car that will attract the attention of a customer without touching their vehicle.

[​IMG]

The item would need to be weighted, maybe with a penny etc, but something like this may be better than actually touching the vehicle. Forgive me for not better illustrating this suggestion initially.

12. Chaseme

As a graphic designer I can tell you a custom diecut business card like that will cost a pretty penny to produce. :(

Looks great when done right though.

13. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the replies. I should have figured as much. I guess its time for me to build a real website. Ive been putting it off. I was looking for a way to advertise in person but those oppritunities seem too few besides referrals and the occasional conversation. Anybody use other methods besides online advertising and word of mouth?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

14. Chaseme