Budget Leather Conditioner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by BoostedMk6, Mar 1, 2011.

1. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Hey guys,

I am looking into a new leather conditioner for the less expensive details. Here are the candidates. Leather will be cleaned with APC before hand.

Poorboys Leather Stuff
    Duragloss 221 Leather Conditioner
    CG leather cleaner/conditioner

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I've used the CG cleaner/conditioner and have to say I did not like it. Left a scent too strong for me which lasted almost a week. And it didn't do too much to enhance the look of the leather. Just my opinion though.

3. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Thank-you. Has anyone tried Poorboys or Duragloss?

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've heard Zaino is pretty good and I like my SCG Voodoo, it has a very nice leather scent to it. It's not a restoration type conditioner but it is nice for maintenance.

5. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Have you considered Mother's? I believe it is the recommended Lexus leather conditioner, or @ least it was years ago.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Megs Gold Class leather conditioner in the bottle is good stuff....... I use the zaino, less greasy

7. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Try Lexol. Leaves nice matte finish.

8. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Tried Megs, way to greasy for my liking.

9. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I noticed you said "budget", but my favorite is probably leatherique pristine clean. It contains a small amount of their conditioner, and cleans very well. The finish left is very matte / natural.

I've used the lexol, and although it was a while ago, it created a bit of a sheen.

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have used PB's Leather Stuff. it seems like a protectant with a leather like smell. It is ok. If you look at the trading section, someone may have one for trade. :cool:

11. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Get a gallon of Optimum Protectant - just shake the hell out of it before using cause it separates like oil/vinegar salid dressing!

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you are on a budget, I'd go for Lexol.

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

14. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I'm going to give the Poorboys a shot.

15. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator. Cheap, works well, not greasy. I use it like this:
    1.) Pre-clean leather with SCG Dash Away.
    2.) Apply SCG Voodoo Blend with an applicator pad.
    3.) Let sit for 1 hour or more, then buff down with MF towel and a light mist of Dash Away.

16. extrabolts

extrabolts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

High volume I'd go with optimum just because I like the way it finishes dashes also. But I'm almost exclusively leather masters products on any seat that is not completely cracked open and destroyed already.