Bucket caddy?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by bonehead, Feb 2, 2011.

1. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

What are you guys using to lug/push around your 2 buckets? Lifting and putting down two heavy buckets full of water as I work my way around a car is a pain. The grit guard one is great, but $35? There's gotta be a cheap solution to this.

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

3. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Thanks, but read my post. Don't you think $120 for 2 plastic buckets and some wheels is a bit absurd?

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I dont have one, and 120.00 is not when you are constantly running around with two buckets. Ive got a less expensive solution. Go to any hardware store buy some 2x4 and casters and make one.

5. Frankastic

when I pay for a tool, I want quality. I can sit on these dollies with the bucket n the knee pads it came with during polish sections. also its looks cool and professional. thats what I paid for, quality, looks, n muti tasking.

to break it down

• knee pads X 2 = $20
    • Grit guards x 2 $20
    • Buckets with lips x 2= $70
    • dollies x 2 $70
    • connector plate $10

so when you add those up, the complete kit is a steal to me.

6. Kilo6_one

7. Kilo6_one

8. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

if i could buy them here in Aus id definitely grab the grit guards

120 is a big ask, but it's one of those buy once and keep forever type products

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

You will have the ability to use them on an incline since they have locking wheels and its a hell of alot less than the grit guard ones. As long as your using grit guards in your buckets your supporting the company. You dont need to fork over extra money on bucket caddies as they are not some new innovation.

Pail Cruzer | U.S. Plastic Corp.

10. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

ordered a double dolly from proper autocare dec 24 and still not here. they cashed the check though. $54 was reasonable.

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

+1 I have a couple of dual setups and its well worth the cost . Heck I even have the dolly setup for my wheel and tire buckets

12. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Any idea what the hold up is?

13. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I agree. You can buy two 5 liter buckets and two grit guards for around 40 bucks.

Its a good idea, but way overpriced.

14. Frankastic

I have

4 buckets with Gamma Seal Lid & 2 wheel buckets..no lid

I use two for pad n towel cleaning. the other two for washing.

8 Grit guards

I use 2 grit guards each buckets, so I don't have to reach all the way to the bottom and break my back, plus it further traps the dirt.

2 dollies

These dollies can lock in place, can be separated and allow easier maneuver.

if I was you, I would wait for phil DD to have discount and free shipping, thats when I got my chance to get one

15. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I have the US plastics pail cruizer and they work great!

16. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I like my 3 bucket set up.

[​IMG]

I happened to get these from AG but you can do the same with those from DD and elsewhere.

The center bucket is for brushes, rest chemicals on the lip.

17. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i caved and bought the 2 pinnacle buckets with dollys and diamond plate connector. ya it was alot but there coolllllllllll lol

18. Kilo6_one

19. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

I just leave the bucket in front of my car and walk back to them, I would love the dollies but since my driveway is an steep incline they would just end up in the street. Honestly walking back to the buckets is not that bad

20. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

The dollies have brakes on them lol. But ya I used to do the same thing until I got the dollies.