Brilliant Detailing- Mercedes ML-350

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by ProtectedImage, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ProtectedImage

ProtectedImage New Member

Hello everyone,

Just to begin- My name is Brian and I have read through this forum a lot over the years (and learned a tremendous amount along the way) Now it’s time to contribute! Ian and I work together, often times during the evenings and on weekends. Ian is also on db and has been for a few years now. There aren’t many people in the world who have a true respect for detailers and the skill set that is required to produce quality... However, I think the 1% of people that do get it are here on db.

Now, this isn’t a full blown write-up, but rather a few quick shots of what we tackled the job with…

This customer came to us mid winter looking for a New Car Prep and Opti Coat 2.0. After thorough inspection, this Benz looked GREAT coming straight from the dealership. Yes, miracles do exist. However, there were a few imperfections here and there. We removed them, and prepped the car for Opti Coat 2.0

A few months later, we booked the job for a maintenance detail. It had the typical dirt and road grime, and the lower third of the vehicle was heavily contaminated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels were hit with Sonax, Adam's APC and the arsenal of Wheel Woolies, various brushes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine cleaned with Adam's and the boars hair brush

[​IMG]

Post-Clay Inspection. Ok...I get it my photography skills aren't there yet..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ian polishing. We decided to go with the Sonax Paint Cleaner and green pad. We started with the blue pad, but then switched to a green for a little more bite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mobile gear...All of the essentials.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ian treating the windows with Adam's

[​IMG]

Engine Bay dressed with Adam's In and Out

[​IMG]

Tires dressed with Optimum Opti-Bond

[​IMG]

We decided on Collinite.

[​IMG]

Applying with the PC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maintenance Detail Complete! Thanks for reading!

BMWguy206 and Ian like this.
  2. StreetShotz

StreetShotz New Member

Looks great!