Brand new car...which clay?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ndtechie05, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ndtechie05

ndtechie05 Virgin Detailer

I have a one week old Civic Si and the only clay I have is the PB elastic clay (gray). I was looking into the blue clay that Phil offers. I don't want anything too aggressive. Will the PB clay work just fine? I mean I will be doing a full detail on it but I would like to not induce any marring. I'll be using CG Luber as the lube for it.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

First congrats on the Civic, very nice cars :applause:

As for clay, it's so odd that all I use is Ricardo clay bar that I haven't used anything else....I've never used the PB clay bars so don't know what else to recomend. Oh I've tried the Meg's regular clay bar (white clay bar) dosen't have a bite and I found it to be very mild and wasen't very good for my taste...any who ever since then I've used Ricardo and haven't had the need to change if I need a more aggresive clay I'll use the Red Clay Magic.

Well that's just me hope this helps :peace:

3. ndtechie05

Too bad I can't get Ricardo clay state side :doh:

4. Nica

Nica Banned

oh sorry my bad :wall:

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Something sof t for a new car, like Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, or Sonus green clay is what you want.

6. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

You don't need a terribly aggressive clay for a new car.

I think DD's blue clay would be appropriate.

7. ndtechie05

yay someone said it! It's in my cart ready to check out.. lol

8. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

LOL. Glad to be of service ;)

9. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

Unless you plan on polishing, go with Sonus green clay, otherwise Clay Magic blue clay would be fine (its OTC @ Autozones).

Pete

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Just go pick yourself up some Mothers yellow clay.

11. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, I'll attest to Mothers yellow clay not being aggressive. Out of the 4 or 5 different clays I've tried, it's been by far the least aggressive. I have found that it has issues with getting specks of road tar off, which might be expected due to it non-aggressive nature.