Brand new car: interior care?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by jnicklo, Feb 10, 2014.

1. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Just picked up a new car last night and I'm looking to keep the interior well maintained. On my previous car I used a very wide range of products — from Turtle Wax ICE I picked up at Wal-Mart to Pinnacle products to 303 Aerospace.

Do you guys have any suggestions for the following on a 2014 Ford Fusion?

1. Dash/Console cleaning and protectant - I liked 303 Aerospace but am open to other options.

2. Glass cleaning - I never was happy with Invisible Glass on my prior car. Maybe I was doing something wrong but it always left streaks.

3. Leather - I have been using Pinnacle's Leather cleaner and conditioner on my last 3 cars so that's roughly 10 years that I've used their product. Is there anything out there I should try instead?

4. Ford Touch Screen - They provided a little cloth that gets fingerprints out but I'm curious what I should be using in the rare case that something like soda splashes onto it.

5. Bonus Question - I've also got a 2012 Mazda 3 that needs some TLC. It has cloth seats so I was curious what I should use for those.

Thanks for your help.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Dash/ I use Sonax dash cleaner

Glass/ Same and I use 2 towel that Phil sales you will love them

Leather/ I use Sonax leather foam and Leather masters

Touch screen/ Sonax dash cleaner

3. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Seems a lot of people use Sonax products here. I'll have to look into those. Thank you for the suggestions.

4. Runge

Runge New Member

5. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I would also recommend 1z Cockpit Premium for routine interior cleaning. I would use a dedicated protectant every 3 to 6 months.