Books for photography?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by v|nsan|ty, Apr 8, 2012.

1. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Hey guys,

Can you recommend me any good books for a beginner DSLR user? I'm looking for something comprehensive that covers the basics and would be a vital resource for someone new to the game. Here are two that I'm looking to pick up so far:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Edition-How-Bryan-Peterson/9780817439392-item.html

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Photographers-Eye-Composition-Design-Better-Michael-Freeman/9780240809342-item.html?ikwid=the+photographer%27s+eye%3A+composition+and+design+for+better+digital+photos&ikwsec=Home&fb_source=message

Thanks

2. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson is good.

I also like Scott Kelby's books.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby

How to Digitally Photograph Cars by Jason Siu and Josh Mackey

Both books are great as they show pics in different settings and then show the camera settings they used to get that particular shot.

4. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Ken, I've been looking for that book (How to digitally photograph cars) for months now and can't find it anywhere...and I'm NOT paying $75 to get a used one from Amazon. lol. If you have it, can I borrow it? I'll pay shipping both ways and rental costs! :)

5. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Joey & Friends

You can't go wrong with Scott Kelby's books.

--Jaddie

6. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Thanks for the responses. Perhaps I'll just buy the 3 book collection by Scott Kelby to get me started. Whenever I buy too many books, I lose interest in reading any of them lol. It's best I keep it simple for now and see where my interests are after reading.

7. 911Fanatic

Its only $20 Joey. I looked around and everyone, including Josh Mackeys website, is out of stock. You can contact Josh ( the author ) at MackeyDesigns.

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

9. 911Fanatic

Dude, thats insane!