Boar's hair brush SCORE!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by pektel, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

So, my mom just got done doing some painting at her place. She added a glaze coat on top of the paint, and had to buy a special brush. I told her it would be nice to use on my car. She told me to keep it, since she isn't going to use it anymore:

Measures 6" long x 3" wide. the bristles are about 2 3/8" long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pektel

Forgot to add, you can pick this brush up at Home Depot in the paint section for about 30 bucks.

3. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

looks cool. for thirty bucks ill pass though. what do you plan on using it for? leather brush?

4. pektel

Not sure yet. It may be too soft for leather. Maybe just for wheel faces or something. I thought it was pretty cool for free. Maybe I could even use it on lower panels to loosen up the contamination after an OPC soak.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well this was due, it's about time you got something for free. :p: If I were you and it's soft enough for paint, I'd use it on trim. It looks to have deep enough hair and it'd make quick work of the cowl on the windshield, etc.

6. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

yeah i could see it working well on exterior trim pieces or maybe even as just a dedicated tire brush.

7. Hovy

Hovy Two Bucket System Washer

That's a nice brush.

What can you do with this brush? Tires? Paint? Interior?

and Ralp Lauren? :shead:

8. pektel

yeah, it was made for interior painting. It's a glaze brush. Made by Ralph Lauren, since they also have interior paint colors.

Boar's hair is soft enough to use on paint. You can buy a boar's hair wheel brush from Phil for 25 bucks.

9. WaxManRonnie

WaxManRonnie Virgin Detailer

That brush would not go anywhere near my paint. I would like
    opinions why anyone thinks this is worth $30. Also does anyone really believe that the brush won't scratch your car? I have a $3.00 grout sponge
    from Lowe's that works fantastic.

10. Hovy

Hovy Two Bucket System Washer

Phil from DD uses a boar hair brush on car's paint. I am sure it doesn't scratch, else he wouldn't use it. I am not sure why it's worth 30$ though. Maybe the effort required to run and catch the boar and shave him with clipper? :D

I wouldn't use this on my car though. On tires, why not. But any good brush would work just fine on tires (not wheels).