BMW E30 325i - Paint Correction and Coating

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HUMP DIESEL, Jan 12, 2016.

1. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

This one came to us after the front end had been re-painted. The owner wanted the original paint to match the new paint as much as possible. The original was single stage and had oxidized over time. He was able to come by the shop for an evaluation and a test spot,so I knew my plan of attack. The only thing we had to discuss was what to protect it with.
    The front would have to wait, being freshly painted, but the remainder we decided to go with CQuartz Classic to give the paint the protection to keep it looking great for years.

Before

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

After

Meguiars M100 and a yellow Rupes pad on the Rupes15. I find that with with the single stage that a light pad and the M100 was knocking out the oxidation and leaving an almost LSP ready finish.

[​IMG]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
    [​IMG]

To get behind the emblems to match the polish, we pull the emblems

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the M100 step was complete, I went over the entire car with M205. I ended going back over the hood again, just to make sure it was polished correctly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy,
    HUMP

The Guz likes this.
  2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice work love the 50/50 shot!

3. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What a beautiful E30!

You're right up the road from me I believe. I need to come swing by sometime and say hello.

4. HUMP DIESEL

HUMP DIESEL New Member

Andy, Where are you located?

HUMP

5. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I live in Simpsonville and work at GSP.

HUMP DIESEL likes this.