BMW 325i, Audi S4 Opti-Coated

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by maxepr1, Oct 26, 2012.

1. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Been awhile since I've put something up, been busy and doing tons of maintenance work lately. So I did this Old School BMW 325 for a client who wanted it treated right. He put a bunch of money in the front end and exhaust and wanted the paint back new shape. Had some staining on the passenger side from the car wash. Car has 78k on the clock sits for long periods of time. Heavy oxidation on the SS paint, so I expected big things in terms of gloss! Interior just needed a good cleaning, looked great for its age. This turned out to be a longer than usual compounding process as I went through all the usual suspects(105,205,203,OHC,OHP,7,83,UF) and I finally settled on Meg's Reconditioning Cream on a LC Cyan pad with Flex3401 worked the best. Even wool on the rotary wasn't going to cut it without multiple followup steps. Turned out really well, customer liked that looked like new paint!

Washed with Dawn 2x's
    Ironxed and clayed
    Flex 3401 LC Cyan with Meg's 151
    Sonax FE on wheels 1.5 hrs on them alone
    OPC on interior
    Folex on carpet
    Opti-Seal
    Adams VRT tires
    Perl in the wells

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    50/50's show the oxidation removed, no sun on the day of pickup.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up Audi's S4, I have taken care of this care since it was new and the owner is a car guy and really has taken great care of the car and very little correction needed to be done. He wanted to upgrade from Opti-Seal to Opti-Coat. Also wanted Tuff-Shine system on his tires. I think Opti-Coat looks way better than Opti-Seal on Audi Silver! No befores as there was not much to see.

ONR wash
    ONR wipedown in engine compartment
    Flex 3401 OPT Polishing MF pad with GPS
    ISP wipedown
    Opti-Coat also on wheels
    303 in engine compartment
    1Z Cockpit wipedown inside
    TUF-Shine 3x's on the tires

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flash didn't fire for some reason
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

That BMW was done proper. It might be old school but the paint came out sweet! Nice work on both cars man. I haven't heard of Tuf Shine for a very long time. How do you like that stuff?

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That BMW is gorgeous. So so nice.

4. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

That silver Audi glows. Opti Coat is such a great product.

5. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Tuf works great IMO. I've tested it and it has lasted months and that's through auto washes, daily driving, and hitting curbs lol

6. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Thanks! Tuf Shine is an awesome product! I've been testing it on my own vehicles for about 8 months and it still looks the same as the day I put it on! The key is washing with just soap, no strong wheel cleaners and not curbing the tires. Other than that it is impervious to the elements so far for me. The amount of coats determines the shine level. The Audi got 3(to many I think) the owner loves high sheen!
    Thank you sir.
    Yes it is.

7. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great work on both cars!

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Great work, that BMW was a great turnaround and correction!

9. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Thanks!
    Thanks, Dave! SS are fun, there's aways that shock and awe factor!