BMW 2009 740li 4 dr Sedan Black

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by detaildude3629, Jul 9, 2010.

1. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys, What type of leather seats and interior does this vehicle have? I need to do a interior detail on Sunday, are they coated seats or uncoated? Any information would help. For the exterior I have Swiss Vax Saphir and Merzerna Power Lock and Dodo Juice Rainforest as lsp, which would be your choice to use? Thanks:applause2:

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Use the Menzerna Powerlock for lsp. You should be able to use 303 aerospace protectant on the dah and trim (provided that you have it). I use 1Z leathercare for leather.

3. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks I do have a whole gallon I ordered of 303 protectant. Powerlock I was leaning towards, is it safe to apply to windshield, I heard it works well and beads water nicely. Thanks.:applause2:

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

The leather is definately coated, I just detailed a 2009 750Li which had a copious amount of dirty tan leather. I used Optimum Power Clean followed my 303 Aerospace Protectant on all the interior plastic and leather. Be warned though, there is a bit of plastic material throughout the interior that has a rubberized feel that marks very easily even if you try to clean it.

5. And furthermore :graduation:

Don't apply your dressing direct. Load up a microfiber and wipe on. These vehicles have heated and air-conditioned seats. You don't wanna get that stuff in there :cig: