Blackfire Wet Diamond vs.Menzerna Power Lock

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by LAV86, Mar 31, 2011.

1. LAV86

LAV86 Two Bucket System Washer

Which has a deeper wetter shine and last longer?this is my 1st sealant i'am buying..thanks for any help.

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I personally think you don't get a very "wet" look with sealants, but I myself use BF. I apply a nuba on top of it to give it proper wetness and depth.

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Have you looked at CG black-light yet?

4. LAV86

LAV86 Two Bucket System Washer

Not a big fan of cg.

5. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I like Blackfire Wet Diamond I can coat my solid black ML 350 or my solid black Mustang Gt by hand with a yellow foam applicator with less than 1 oz of it. Not only that it looks great and has a nice deep shine to it with plenty of wetness. I coat the entire finish first then let it sit for an additional 45 to an hour then buff it off with one of my plush microfibers removal is extremely easy. Here are some pics of it on both my vehicles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

BL is one of the only sealants IMO that gives any sort of depth or wetness (have not tried BFWD yet) .......... more so then Zaino Z5p. Also much more so then MPL. they are all good products and have their own merrits.

but I too layer up the nuba over certain sealants.

7. termigator

termigator Virgin Detailer

I have used both Blackfire and Powerlock. I honestly could not tell the difference between the two. Both had great depth and shine and both were slick as $#@%. IMO, you can't go wrong with either one. Just get the one that costs less at the time of purchase.

8. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

They both cost the same. I use BFWD and am very satisfied with it. May try the PL next time when I run out just to compare.

9. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

I like the BFWD. Great product. Price is competitive. Look is great. Damn good product.

10. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

looks like i may need to try some BFWD.

11. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

BFWD is great. I use it on my Z06 followed with a a layer or two of Pinnacle Soveran and its beautiful.

12. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

the only problem i have with PL is its durability.

13. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Really?!? I get a solid 3 months out of it, but then again, you're in Vancouver.

___

I still haven't cracked upon my bottle of BFWD, but I've used menz PL quite a bit and while Im impressed with its looks and how easy it is to use I still perfer 4* UPP over most all of my sealants.

14. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

I second Blacklight topped with V7. You get both durability and looks. Out of all the sealants I like Zaino Z5/Z2 combo . I also think Prima Epic gives and outstanding look especially topped with Hydro.

15. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

Is PL the one that has to cure overnight? I'm thinking of getting a couple sealants, as right now I've just been using a couple coats of 845

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I can hardly tell a difference between the two, however I have found that on certain finicky paints BFWD can smear a bit. After my BFWD ran out I switched to Menz PL and I have to say it almost never smears, regardless of how finicky a paint finish is.

And for those that say BFWD looks deeper or wetter I think thats perception, it does come in a cool black bottle and the name itself is sexy but I have yet to tell a difference and I have pretty much used those only 2 LSP's for over a year now.

.... BTW, this is done with Powerlock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hod reflection, you can see the bottle of powerlock on the shelf lol

[​IMG]

17. nothelle

nothelle Birth of a Detailer

Microscopic difference between both, you could add Wolfgang DGPS sealant into the mix of that identical triplets as well

18. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Anyone notice that PL dust less than BF?