Blackfire Wet Diamond Paste Wax

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by barrym, Sep 15, 2009.

1. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

I have a pot of Blackfire Wet Diamond Paste Wax if anybody is interested.

New and unused. 7oz. $30 SOLD

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Got the sealant to go with it?

3. barrym

No, sorry mate, I've just got the wax. I traded for it a long time ago and never got around to using it.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

That's cheap! Is it batch 23 or batch 24???

5. barrym

According to the lid, it is "Batch 23: Owners Reserve".

6. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

Not to derail the thread, but what is the difference in the batch numbers?

Whats the difference in 23 and 24?

7. barrym

I have no idea. I haven't used either of them! :)

I'm sure someone will chime in with the answer.

8. Mikejl

Mikejl Virgin Detailer

I think you mean Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax.
    The sealant is Blackfire Wet Diamond.

$30 is a fantastic price for Midnight Sun.

This is an excellent wax. Great durability and Deep wet carnauba look.

Mike

9. barrym

It's definitely Wet Diamond that I have:

[​IMG]

:shrug:

10. Mikejl

Mikejl Virgin Detailer

Wow! Definitely my bad. My apologies.

I wonder if the name changed from Wet Diamond to Midnight Sun when they went to batch #24. I have 1 and 1/2 jars of Blackfire Midnight Sun Batch # 24 sitting on a shelf in my garage right now. ???

Mike

edit: Here is a pic of Midnight Sun Batch #24

[​IMG]

11. barrym

No need to apologize to me, mate. I know very little about this wax.

On their site there is a wax called 'Midnight Sun' and a sealant called 'Wet Diamond', so you were right about that. Maybe they did change the name. :shead:

All I know is that paste wax I have is called 'Wet Diamond'. :shrug:

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I don't believe there is any significant difference between the two.

13. bigmikela

bigmikela Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This was answered by Todd over at another detailing forum. Here is his response.

"Blackfire Batch 23 was indeed called Wet Diamond and was the first Blackfire Carnauba Wax released for sale to the public. Proper Auto Care was a proud tradition in developing some of the finest waxes made and sold by others, and Blackfire Batch 23 was an evolution of the process. It featured the same tried and true methods used in other high end waxes: A very refined, filtered, and pure carnauba flake with a lot of very high quality oils. It was as good as any other wax on the market. It was a wax almost 15 years in the making.

What Proper Auto Care really wanted was a revolution, which is why after only 9 months on the market, we released a new wax with a new name. This 24th batch was called Midnight Sun and was better than and more advanced than any wax we created or sold previously; many of which are still sold under the same or different names.

The truth with carnauba wax is that you can only do so much. You can refine and add the purest #1 carnauba flake, mix with the highest quality oils, solvents, extracts, and other waxes, and that's it... So while carnauba wax blends do improve over time, their is a lot of hyperbole and marketing injected into the process.

To make that step forward, Blackfire introduced (what is to my knowledge) the first high quality, micro refined boutique carnauba wax infused with active polymers. While it is true that blended waxes have been on the market before, they tended to be sealants with added wax. In the case of Midnight Sun, it was a wax first and foremost, and the polymers where added to increase the performance and nuances of the wax.

Compared to our previous waxes, Batch #24 is not only our best looking wax but our best performing. Per ounce of actual product (fancy packaging and mythical claims aside) it is far more expensive the anything we have had our hands on (in) previously.

So yes there is a significant difference in the formula between Batch 23 and Batch 24. In terms of performance there is a noticeable difference in durability, particularly when applied atop a sealant. Midnight Sun was a much longer performance and appearance life.

We have several customers and even forum members such as Biolink who still love Batch 23, so it is still really viable wax that still looks as deep, dark, and wet as it did when we released it. "