Blackfire Tire Gel W/Polycharger: Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Cleaning Fool, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Looks alot like most other gel type dressings. In my tests, I got an avg of 7-9 days of durability, It does last a little longer than say Megs Endurance. Apply to much and its sling city, even tho the manufacturer claims it won't. Honestly, no matter how I applied it it slung. Overall, at what $17.99 a bottle, not a product I would buy again. Not really a good value for your money when you compare it to the competition..PS Ive just about had it with water based dressings, even tho solvent based dressings get critiqued for causing tire problems, I'm going that route next.

2. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I don't like sling off.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thanks CF, I'll put that one on my list of stuff to avoid.

Have you tried Stoner's "More Shine, Less Time?" Works very well, and I've yet to have a problem with sling. I'm not sure if it's solvent or water base though - I'd check the can, but I ran out this week, and the recycle went out on Friday.

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Its solvent based. If its in an aerosol can its solvent based.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Why have you had it with water based dressings? There are some good ones out there.

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I just learned something - thanks JL.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I haven't had any issues of sling with any solvent or water-based tire dressings. I wonder why this particular product does...

8. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

I haven't tried the polycharged version but the regular edition of BF Tire gel is easily my favourite tire dressing.

I don't get any sling and the durability is the best I've come across and thats in rainy UK weather. It also leaves a fantasic rich dark non glossy finish.

From the ones I've personally used I'd rate them:

1.Blackfire TG
    2.Zymol Tire
    3.Meguiars Endurance
    4.Zaino Z16 although I find it too watery and really needs more than a single application otherwise its a bit hit and miss.

9. cupcakez

cupcakez Any Rag Vehicle Washer

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

BF Tire Gel is my favorite tire dressing right now. The only reason I use the Blue Dew all the time is because I do alot of SUVs ( easily 20 for every car I do) so I need a product I can spray on. BF goes on almost all my cars. I haven't had a problem with sling. Mist your applicator pad with water first and then put a thin line of the gel down the center of the pad and apply. The water will help spread the product easily and evenly.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, I tried it recently. Not the best in its class. And it stinks like mce sh!t!!!:gross:

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Try Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro, use on completely dry tires.