Bissell regular vs heated bissell

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by M_1313, Jul 23, 2008.

1. M_1313

M_1313 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi,

A little question for you guys,

Here in canada i can get the regular bissell Little green machine for 80$ or the heated version for 160$.

Is the heated version really worth 2x the price of the regular.

Thanks

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I actually used the heated version and it works really well. I didn't use the regular one though so I honestly wouldn't be able to compare the two but the heated action does make a big difference. Just my opinion though :2cents:

3. yoyomoefoe

yoyomoefoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i used the regular one it works just fine i just put really hot water in it you figure the tank is small and it emptys pretty fast so it doesnt matter to me if its a heated version or not just put hot water in with your cleaning solution and it will still work wonders

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Good point yoyomoefoe, actually now that I think of it I did the same thing a few times. Put hot water on the container, becuase the machine takes a bit of time to heat up the water by it's self...if you put cold, cold water that is :shrug:

5. M_1313

Just realize the heated version has a 9 Amps motor vs 3 for the regular so 3x more power

6. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

The presence of a heating element is why there is the additional power requirement. I did the same thing as yoyomoefoe and just used hot tap water in my regular unit.

7. M_1313

Ok so basicly their is no need for the heated version?

8. BlueZero

BlueZero Birth of a Detailer

The hot water is a nice option to have but for that much of a price difference I would just dump hot water in it. If it was me, I would save the money for more products.

9. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Personally I wouldn't spend the additional money on it. If you're in the south-eastern ontario region shoot me a PM, I'd be willing to trade mine for samples or products.

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I got a deal on Sunday for the heated one. Went to big lots, had a remanfactured (non-heated) one pictured in a box. Paid $40, went home, opened it, and it was the heated one with the trubo brush.

Even though it was remanufactured, thing worked like a champ.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Nothing wrong with that deal :thumb:

12. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

wow $160, i know this is alder thread but i got my heated one here in cali for $80. I sometimes add hot water to my heated one to speed up the heating process.