Bissel Pro Heat Auto Care. Need oppinions.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by freefallin2000, Dec 12, 2010.

1. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

I have heard these things fork really well for how inexpensive they are. I am definitely not going to spend $600 on an extractor and was told this works just as well as a hot water extractor.

When the previous in answered...I also am wondering what kind of shampoo to run in one and how much it runs as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated here guys and gals. This would be for my cars and a few friends who want some detailing done.

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i have it .its great i use my carpet cleaner in a spray bottle . and mist the carpet then extract with the bissel with just hot water . i dont run cleaners in it .well worth the money.

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Majestic Solutions Extraction Plus. I use it the same way Trhland does then remove it with my Bissell Big Green Machine its old but works great.

4. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

i received advice on this forum from somebody when I was shopping for one, and I'll give you that advice as well.

Just buy the standard, non-heated version. it will work just fine. I heat my water in a $5 kettle and put it in the little green....just water. I mix Spray 'n wash laundry detergent in a separate spray bottle 5:1 so no soap is ever used in my little green.

There's really not much point in in having one with the built in heater, the water will still be nice and hot by the time you run the small tank out. You pay a premium for the heated versions and it's just something to break.

no regrets with my standard model.

I always follow up my simple green with my wet and dry vac as the LGM has very little suction. don't expect a professional grade carpet cleaner, there's a reason they are so expensive. However, you can still get some good results with an LGM. I know mine made me a lot of money last summer :)

5. freefallin2000

It just seems like one covuld simplify all those steps and just get the Auto Specific heated version and fun the cleaner in it as well...but all really good responses over all. So you guys are saying I could just the standard LGM< heat some water on the stove, use some DG Extraction Plus at a 4:1 ratio, spray with that, then hit the area with the LGM and hot water, and use the shop vac to dry the rest of it??

6. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

I have been using mine all year. What i find works best is folex in a spray bottle mist the carpet let dwell. Agitate with a brush ...then spray the hot water from the lgm and agitate again then vacumm with lgm using the brush to scrub. And then go back over with my shop vac that i have attached a lgm style nozzle to. I use the folex because it works and makes little to no foam

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Its MS Extraction Plus not DG:) and yes thats what I do with my Big Green Machine but without the shop vac because mine has enough suction power.

8. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have the regular version and it works great. You don't need the pro-heat one ... my faucet water is really hot, so I never bothered getting the expensive version. Like everyone else here, I just run water in the tank. Folex or MS Extraction Plus work great with the LGM.

You should seriously consider buying a PC brush attachment. This attachment is really helpful when dealing with stubborn stains.

9. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I'm going to have to disagree with the ones that say the non heated version is just as good. I had a non heated extractor and it was a pain in the sack to have to stop mid detail and go heat up some water to put in it. I like having EVERYTHING ready for the detail before I start so I don't have to stop for needless reasons. With the Pro heat LGM I can have the water in it ready to go and before I start the carpets I just flip a switch and let it heat up, no stopping to go heat water or anything. And if I remember correctly it wasn't that much more expensive than the regular model if you shop around.

I do agree with the posters about not putting cleaner in it. I spray the area down with MS Extraction Plus let it sit for a few minutes and use the LGM to extract it.

10. GDAL

GDAL Guest

IMO ... the heating element doesn't heat the water as well as the hot water that I have readily available. The water tank is so freakin' small that I didn't see a benefit of having a water heater. By the time I go thru a tank, the water is still fairly hot.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

You also have to wonder if the components are built to withstand the temperature of the water you are putting in it as well. You know they are built to withstand the heat generated by the machine's heating element but how long will they hold up to extreme temperatures if you are putting hot water from an outside source in it. Like you said it's just personal preference but I hate to have to stop in the middle of a detail for anything so to me it's worth it.

12. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

is ms extraction is from majestic solutions ?.....and does it foam up alot, i really like the cleaning from using 50/50 spray and wash and water and the zep formula in the red bottle but its to much foam

13. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I have the standard Bissel and the suction is adequate. Granted it doesn't have the lift of a proper extractor, but it can get the job done with a bit of patience.

The key is to not oversaturate the carpet, you don't need to drench it to pull out stains. I take 1 spray bottle with Folex, 1 spray bottle with water, spray enough of each on to dampen things, agitate with a brush and then run the Bissel over it.

If the carpet is still slightly damp after you finish, run the car with heat/AC down on the floor setting for a few minutes.

14. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ive done some nasty carpets with my pro heat . thing works nice. i got it on sale for 69.99
    great little tool....

15. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Willjco and I have done a few details where the Bissell Pro-Heat has really been a great asset to have, although I haven't noticed too huge of a difference between the heated and non heated I am sure it is doing something more. We have found that spraying Tuff Stuff and lightly scrubbing followed by the Pro-Heat can deliver a knock out punch on some carpets.

Althought I will say I feel like the automated scrub wheel that you turn on could have a little more torque to it, it just seems like it glides rather than really grabs anything but with that small of a machine it may be all it can handle. Does the job!

16. GDAL

GDAL Guest

That's why the PC brush attachment is a MUST in my book.

17. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wouldn't vacuuming over the wet/damp area just dig up more embedded dirt? I had the lgm before. Went through about 3 as they would leak. The thing about the heated version according to what I read was it only heats the water about 20 degrees over its current temperature so it is still recommended to use at least warm water.

For most of us mobile people such as myself its hard to always have access to hot water. I want to get another one though just to help and have.

18. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I have had some leaking issues as well. I think it just may be the gaskets not being the best in the world. The only time it happened to be was when the gaskets got wet and flimsy and wasn't sitting properly. Once I adjusted it, it was fine.

I agree G, the attachment is a must. I know the standard automated brush it came with got slower because it caught so much hair in it and bound it up. I just cleared it and it worked like a charm.

19. freefallin2000

I am definitely going to get the Auto Care Pro Heat. I will simply be maintaining my cars and a few friends/"customer" cars once I gather everything I need together so I thinkthis will be a great little asset to my humble detailing collection.

20. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I have the lgm pro heat and love it..paid $ 99.00 for it at target a couple yrs ago. I don't run chemicals through my lgm, use a sprayer with chemicals and use a brush to agitate, thats it..:applause2: