Bissel Little Green Machine

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Millenion, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Millenion

Millenion Virgin Detailer

bye bye

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I still have my BLGM, not a bad machine, nothing wrong with it.

The thing about the brush stops spinning is true, it happened to me...but in general it's not a bad machine, it's no full extractor but it will get the job done.

3. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I've used mine on a ton of cars and still going strong. I only run straight water through it. I do usually go back over the carpets with a shop vac as the BLGM doesn't have enough lift. But I have to say its well worth the money.

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Maybe you can help me understand something. If you're only running straight water through it, and you still end up going over the carpets with a shop vac...what purpose does the BLGM serve?

I was looking at one at Target just a couple days ago, that's why I'm asking. They had it in stock for $100.

5. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I like it just b/c of the hot water and that I am able to see whats coming up and when its clear. You could do it with a shop vac and a spray bottle of water. But going back over it again with a shop vac takes no time at all for me.

6. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

How good of a job does this do? I'll be able to put it to good use on my hockey equipment to :)

7. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

The spinning brush stopped for me to. But, overall, like Nica said, it is a good machine.

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I got a refurbished one last year, for like $30 bucks. Only used it on about 6-8 cars but love it. I use Folex in mine. I clean it out good after every use.

9. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I believe its like 6.5, but I even do it with my little one which is either 4 or smaller and get the same results.

I don't use the brush attachment, only the reg. attachment.

Plus its nice little unit to use around the house.

10. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

I read the reviews and went through the same head-scratching. I decided to take the plunge and have been pleased the LGM does what it's supposed to do. After each use I fill the detergent tank with hot water and run it through to clean out anything that will clog with repeated use. To date no problems. I expect those that have clogging problems keep the machine loaded with detergent and simply put it away ready for it's next use. I can envision the sprayer clogging with that type of use.

My brush has yet to stop spinning, I don't find it particularly usefull anyway and do manual brushing when that type of action is needed. Your mileage may vary.

TL

11. Mobey

Mobey Virgin Detailer

For an all in one item for use around the house for small spills I thinks it is great. But for cleaning a car a hand brush, spray bottle of cleaner and rinse water and a wet vac does a better job with less fussing around with equipment.

Cheers

Mobey