Bilt Hamber products

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by kaiten408, Sep 20, 2009.

1. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

So, i've heard a lot of good things about their Auto Balm, very economical is what i hear. But how's the Auto Wash and Surfex HD?

I've heard of a few people using Surfex for wheel wells, engines, tires & wheels. Some good dilution is what it seems like.

Any thoughts on the Auto Wash? 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons, any thoughts? Maybe a splash of Surfex to remove LSP?:bla2::bla2:

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I want auto balm so bad... there clay is all I've been able to use and damn it is awesome.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The Surfex HD works very well. As good as any degreaser I've tried and its water based. Rinses clean very easily. You can use it with very good results on all the areas you mentioned. As stated the AutoWash dilutes waaaaaay down so is very economical.

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

autobalm and their soft clay are really great products. and they both seem to go a LONG way. i use relatively small pieces of clay, and i still have like 90% of the clay bar left and i've used the same small piece on like 3 or 4 cars (lightly contaminated, i always do thorough foam soaks/decons/presoaks/washes to eliminate as much surface contamination as possible).

i hear theyre coming out with some new products soon-ish. cant wait for them!

5. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Auto-wash is recommended at 5ml per 10L, and although it has chelating agents to offset hard water, if you're in such an area, you're best to add half as much again.

Surfex is brilliant stuff, and environmentally friendly (if that matters), and can be used as an LSP-safe pre-wash at 3-5%, with similar strength for bug remains.
    5-10% for wheels/door shuts, and 10-15% for engine bays.
    Also works a charm on any oil spillages at 30%.

Just spoke with them, and the topper is due imminently, after assessment with a number of other brands - I think that was a major part of the delay, and in typical BH style, they're not content to put anything on the market, it has to be at least the equal of the market's best, if not better.

It can be an incredibly frustrating ethos, but it was this same ethos that got me, and had me championing them.

6. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Anybody ever top Auto Balm with a nuba? Or multiple coats of AB?

7. 911Fanatic

Don't EVER top AB with anything other than AB. It doesn't play well with others.

8. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

A number of guys on another UK forum whom are all BH AB mad too, use Collinite over it.
    You can use whatever you like, but the likelihood of AB's durability having been reduced, increases as a result.
    As said, their topper is imminent, so for the sake of another month, don't fret about what to use, that you already have to hand.

9. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

What dilution ratio's have you had success with for Surfex HD?

10. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Reading skills strong, they are not, in this one........see my post above - #5, young Jedi.

11. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Hey PJS, what's this topper your speaking of? Any links to it?

12. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

It's something for the beading freaks - nothing more. Oh, except it's very detergent resistant - tested with neat washing-up liquid for 2000 scrubs, and it still beaded water like it was freshly applied.
    If the aesthetics of beading doesn't do anything for you, then it's nothing to be concerned about, but if you absolutely must have tight, small beads, then the topper will probably float your boat.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have been waiting for the topper as I think it will help extend the life of the already tough film AB leaves behind!

14. 911Fanatic

And I will have it in my store as soon as its available.

15. Gemini13

Actually my reading comprehension is just fine (thanks for your concerns however). I simply asked him from his experiences, what worked best FOR HIM. I read all of your 5%-15% ramblings. However that is vague and I was looking for something more exact. And seeing as how he thanked you for the above post he obviously has no intentions of responding to my question. Thanks anyway!

16. 911Fanatic

Its not that I had no intentions of responding to your question, I just felt that his answer was a good one and needed nothing added to it. I will always answer your question as best I can. Its not my style to just ignore people.

17. Gemini13

So 0% to 100% it is then. LOL

18. pootoo12000

pootoo12000 Virgin Detailer

Question for PJS re the topper...is this merely a cosmetic topper for BHAB or is it a stand-alone LSP, kind of a sealant with wax-like water behavior?

19. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the tip, just to clarify, 476s and 845 both can top AB with no problems other then some durability?

I think with both layered, the net gain in durability should be good I hope.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

20. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Oh, I don't know if he meant THOSE collinite waxes, those have lots of solvents in them and i imagine would strip alot of the Auto Balm off. Maybe something like 915, that would work well on it.