Bilberry wheel cleaner - my little test

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Bulla2000, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

After getting so many infos about the Bilberry wc I took my chance to get it to germany from my favority dealer Elitecarcare (link removed by Nica)

I already have the Meguiars wheel brigthener, but in many time I dont need a big gun, so I liked to test this wheel cleaner.

Opened the parcel from Elitecarecare (was here in 2 working days, just great, many thanks to Elite) and see the beautiful red fluid in the gallon.

[​IMG]

So at first I made a mixture about 1:5 with water in a small bottle (forgot to order a Meguiars bottle :eek:).

[​IMG]

Here are the light soiled wheels from the Clio.

[​IMG]

So I sprayed the wheels and let it stand for about 6-7 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The color is amazing and remembers me to juice of black currants ;). It smells just good too.

After 6-7 minutes I sprayed the wheel off with my Gardena shot (no PW!).

[​IMG]

Results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I´m very satisfied with the Bilberry. The dirt of the wheel was mostly gone and only a few marks are still left on the wheels paint. It smells nice and in front of the darkred color you are able to see where you have already sprayed.

It has not done the last dirt, but I did not expected that. Therefor are better items to use ;).

[​IMG]
    EZ Wheel Brush

[​IMG]
    Swissvax wheel brush

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I had my eye on that wheel cleaner for a while already...sounds like it's a nice alternative to P21S, which isn't that cheap...

3. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Any chance you have tried this vs. the Autoglym wheel cleaner?

4. razr007

razr007 Banned

i think the ps21 red gel might be better.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Looks great. I'm in the process of figuring out if Finish Kare wheel cleaner is worth it. I need a gallon of this stuff, I use it all the damn time.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

This might be all fine and dandy, but Bilberry and p21s red, and available for purchase in the states. Can order from overseas probably, but shipping is killer.

7. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

am i correct in saying that its the valetpro billberry allsafe wheel cleaner?
    it would cost a bit for shipping from uk and if im correct 3d products do a very berry wheel cleaner which is almost the same and thats readily available over the states.:thumb:

8. richy

richy Guest

You're right in that you need a less powerful (not to mention toxic) alternative to Megs WB which is still the KING for terrible wheels. I have had great luck with DG all wheel cleaner and at $24 for a gallon plus $5. shipping, its price can't be beat. It will deal with most situations until the nasty ones whereupon the KING comes into play.

9. Reflect

Bump. I'm looking into the Bilberry again as it's safe on all wheels. I can't find the Very Berry on 3d's site.

10. supercharged

shipping on heavy items from Europe is expensive...ever thought of trying CG diablo wheel gel???

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Or AG CWC

12. Reflect

I have AG CWC, I wanted to try some foreign stuff. AG CWC is great, but it's not for real dirty wheels. I haven't tried Diablo yet.

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I've ad GREAT sucess with AG CWC and dirty rims.... Not wheel bright dirty but almost

14. supercharged

AG CWC is a great wheel cleaner, infact it's the best non gel wheel cleaner I've tried up to date (Megs WB doen't count, it's acid and should be only used when others fail)...
    I still love how even when dilluted at 3:1 diablo still remains a gel...

15. Reflect

Hmm, well you can dilute AG CWC but not nearly as much as Bilberry.

16. Reflect

Now I'm looking as Espuma, which you can dilute 10:1 for normal wheels at about 20 bucks for 5 liters.

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Reflect, I have 1 liter of Espuma Revolution Wheel Cleaner on the way. Because of the shipping rules, it cannot be shipped in the air, only by surface mail. It made the shipping really affordable but I ordered approximately 6 weeks ago and it's still not here yet. The vendor told me that shipping informed him it could take up to 12 weeks! I plan on posting a review and where to buy as soon as the stuff comes in.

Bilberry Wheel Cleaner is safe on all wheels and can be diluted 10:1 for maintenance cleaning and 5:1 (or stronger) for effective cleaning, as the guys say on Detailing World. Elite Car Care sells the stuff and ships it to the US (and fast!) but after shipping, a 5L canister costs around $90.

18. supercharged

I was just gonna say that...if it costs $20+$70 to ship it, then forget it, it's not worth it...

19. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

who is selling this in the usa now i know had to buy from uk every time i got it a shipping out weighed the cost so i stopped using went back to the red gel an it has been a real pain to get the red so i was using ms.

20. Mozzie_Owner

Mozzie_Owner Virgin Detailer

Bilberry, like all agressive wheel cleaners ISNT safe for all wheels.

If you have bare alloy wheels (as in just polished) this will stain at the least and may cause damage.

Its a strong alkline and should be treated with care.

Yes I do use it, but I make sure their is no flaking paint etc before using it.

I also use Espuma Revolution, which is stronger than Bilberry.

But I have just bought a gallon of diablo so am searching the forum for information on that and bare alloys/split rims.