Big THANK YOU to JL...

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Carn, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Around Nov/Dec of last year I got a pm from a user by the name of Wolfpacker92. He had some detailing goodies up for sale on the forum and out of the blue sent me a PM offering to send them to me here in SA if I wanted them, I naturally obliged :)

Around the same time Myself and Rustbucket were planning on ordering some stuff from Detailers Domain and suggested that Wolfpacker92 send the goodies on to Phil to be included in our package and to help save him some expensive shipping charges out to SA. Needless to say our order with Phil took alot longer than expected to get sorted and we only finalized everything a few weeks back and hence received the goodies he sent us this past weekend.

JL is always sampling new products and has alot more exposure to different brands than what we do here in SA, as a result I feel his knowledge and experience is really valuable to us all. His sharing of his experiences allows us to see really good products as well as save us from those that are a waste of money.

I want to personally thank you for your generosity in sending us the goodies you did. JL you a top bloke, an accomplished detailer and have become a true friend over the past year that I have known you. Thank you for everything :applause:

With the formalities out of the way here are the goodies JL sent us. We were really surprised when we opened the package because we were expecting 2 or 3 bottles and not the 9 that were in the box :yikes:

[​IMG]

In no particular order we have...

DP Premium Surface Shield
    This is a water based polymer sealant and from our initial research looks to be a fantastic product.

4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection
    Another synthetic sealant that JL rates highly, can't wait to give this one a bash !

Pinnacle XMT360
    This is an all in one final polish, paint cleaner and sealant. We applied this via rotary (LC black pad) after the SIP and white pad combo on an S500 and it worked like a charm. You simply polish it until it goes clear and thats it, no buffing, no dust and it delivers an outstanding crisp shine in one easy step :worship2:

Here are the pics that inspired us to give it a try...Before
    [​IMG]
    After Megs 83
    [​IMG]
    After XMT360
    [​IMG]

Duragloss 901
    A super foamy car wash. This one worked the best to date on our foam gun with the PW. Still not proper shaving cream type foam but I don't think you will get better without a proper foam lance.

Poor Boys EX
    This is an amino functional carnauba sealant that can also be layered. This is the product we used on the S500 we did this past weekend and it truly delivers a fantastic wet looking shine :applause:

Poor Boys Trim Restorer
    I am always on the lookout for a good trim protectant that resists dust collection and provides a lasting shine to plastics. This one will be tested alongside my current favourite (Mothers Back to Black) as well as some NXT Tech Protectant ;)

Poor Boys Bug Squash
    Since seeing Clark from Polished Bliss use this on a Lambo Gallardo I have been wanting to try it. As luck would have it JL included it in his samples unbeknownst to me. Seemed to do a good job on the bugs but still required the use of the pressure washer to remove the majority of them.

Meguiars NXT 2.0
    Heard alot of good things about the NXT range but have never tried it yet. Will give this one a go as soon as we find a likely candidate :)

And lastly the Griot's Interior Scent
    This is one I asked JL to get for me. I have always been looking for a good interior scent that mimics the smell of a new cars leather interior. The Griots is the closest I have found and really does smell leathery, definately one Im going to need to order more of :thumb:

All in all a fantastic bundle of goodies. JL I can't thank you enough buddy, if there is ever anything I can assist you with please just shout :mounty:

2. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

Well, not much to add on to what Carn said. But, yep, many thanks JL, we were really surprised that you took the time out to give us a hand and to organise us these super samples.

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey guys glad everything arrived and you got to put them to good use. I can't wait to see the full post on the Mercedes! Just so everyone knows too Carn and Rustbucket are the ones that went out of their way to secure and send to me a bottle of the Sonax Extreme Rim Cleaner. I couldn't find it here after reading their review of it and had mentioned to Carn how much I wish I could get some and he sent me my bottle. Top notch guys!

That's one of the things that is so great about this forum and that's being able to connect and make great friends with people that I would otherwise never get the chance to meet. Heck I was organizing my garage yesterday afternoon and I get a call on my cell from Carn to tell me how much he and Rustbucket liked the stuff. I was really glad to get to talk to my friend for the first time! Glad you guys will get to use some of the stuff we have here in the good ol' USA.:thumb:

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, it's always great to hear of the positive on-goings that we have in these forums.

This is definitely one of the most unique and probably the best forum many of us have ever been on. :)

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Things like this make me glad to be a part of such a great forum.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Two thumbs up, guys!

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hehehehe. I see my hand writing on the NXT !!

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

JL is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Nice to see the sharing! :)

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done JL :applause2: :applause2: