BH clay

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, May 27, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Does any vendor carry BH clay?

2. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I know Ben (Rubbishboy) has it.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll have it in a few weeks - both the soft and regular. I've also got some of their soap which is quite nice and some Surfex.

5. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

That sounds great!! I'd love to try them all. Will buy em when you get them. And i can't wait to recieve my Auto Balm soon!

6. 911Fanatic

Its coming by boat so will be a few weeks. Your AB should be there next week for you. I'll be posting proper instructions as, well, we're guys and we WILL screw this up. LOL

7. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

sounds good!

8. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

Cool, i'll be patient :waiting: Just gives me time to browse for more stuff to pick :yikes:

Yeah, you right on the screwing up part. Still looking forward to it.

Thanks

9. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Just used BH reg yesterday. LOVE it just as much as the soft. It pulls contaminants way easier than the soft one.

10. 911Fanatic

I find it cleans very well as well, but did it mar your paint all to hell like mine? Reminds me of the ClayMagic Red.

11. pektel

yes it was not the easiest on the paint. but the vehicle i used it on was trashed already. i would not recommend using it if you are not going to polish. i have not used the clay magic red.

12. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Guys, if you're marring your paint with it, you're using too much pressure or not enough water/lube.
    The formulation of it, is designed to mitigate against marring whilst still being aggressive.
    I imagine the 2nd/3rd time you use it, you'll find a dramatic difference in your results.
    Also, are you making sure you're making the pancake of clay no thinner than 3mm?
    If not, then you should make it smaller in diameter to give that depth with the size you've cut off the block.

13. pektel

I used about 1/4 of the bar. I didn't use much pressure, but at some times the piece did get pretty thin. Like I said, the paint was pretty trashed to begin with, so I wasn't being as careful as I normally would. I just wanted to remove teh contaminants, throw a wax on for a couple weeks until I can polish it.

I doubt I was not using enough lube. I hit the entire panel with a garden hose.

I did not inspect the paint before claybarring, so I do not know exactly how much I added to the marring that was already present. I'll try it on my polished vehicle later next week, and report back :D

Now, the BH soft I had absolutely no marring. And that was used on my vehicle just over a month ago.