BEWARE of the Escalade SCAM

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Mar 18, 2011.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I know its been posted here a few times, but here is the email of the guy with the Escalade.

In the last few weeks I have gotten countless calls and now the emails are starting again.

So Beware!!!!!

Email -

Hello this is Mr Mill George and how you doing and i will like to know if you do car wash and detailing* and do you accept all major of credit card for payment and i have 10 ESCALADE cars with my shipping agent , i will have them ship down to your shop and* i want u to do the work for me* i want them* fully detailed and wash for me* both interior and* Exterior so how much is that per car and* the vehicle is with the tow guy and they will have it tow to your workshop for an estimation by next week Wednesday between* 11:00am,will you be able to handle the car for me,the cars are with the tow guy and There`s no insurance* involved so can i have your name and full workshop address and your name and your cell phone number i can be able to contact you via sms text where to* text where the cars will be tow to for the cleaning and are you authorized to run a credit card and ...Be cos* am yet to pay the shipper that will deliver the car to your workshop
    because he does not have the facility to accept a credit card.... so i will need a little favor from you in respect to that,I will look forward to hear back from you via email and i will like you to send me an email to my business email so that i can catch up with you quickly and my email is...Millgeorge2370@yahoo.com..I will be looking for your email.

thanks

End email.

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I assume he is the same Nigeran prince running similar scams on Craigslist.

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I hate scamming / lying etc.

Garbage human beings scam and lie.

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

seen it before, some sort of laundering thing

5. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

"Be cos* am yet to pay the shipper that will deliver the car to your workshop because he does not have the facility to accept a credit card.... so i will need a little favor from you in respect to that"

Yep, the old "I pay you and then you give this other guy cash" Then it turns out the check or money order he pays with are fakes or he gives you a stolen credit card and then you give his buddy cash.

A lady called in on a radio program that her restaurant got a call from a guy that was in charge of supplying food for a big event and he wanted a bunch of one entree and he'd pay her with a credit card but he needed her to give cash to the delivery driver that was picking up the meals since he couldn't process a credit card.

Similar to the less specific "I send you a money transfer for $20,000 and you just forward $17,000 of it to my business contact" When the transfer to you is found to be fraudulent they come after you for the $20,000 back but you've already sent on $17,000 in 'clean' money.
    I've seen news reports of people getting arrested for fraud for being the middle man in these situations.

It is an oldie but a goodie: "If it seems to be too good to be true it probably is"