Beware Of Phantomgoat06

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Spyral, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

This guy, Jason Rubin is a known scammer and a fraud. He claims to have a PhD from Carnegie Mellon University. he tried to scam us on www.ls1gto.com. We caught him bad, he was stripped of his sponsorship and exposed as a fraud. Want to see the picture he posted of his PhD? Here it is:

[​IMG]

Tell me, does that look real? Tell me this as well, would Carnegie Mellon University misspell the word "recommendation" ? He has a product he calls "Pro Concours" wax. he advertises it as an 81% pure white carnuba wax. he lures people in by comparing it to Zymol and other concours waxes. Truth is, all his wax is is some Chemical Guys 5050 wax that he melts out, adds a color and repackages as his own. He is also a criminal. He has been arrested for many things, among them, DUI, false imprisonment, burglary, and the list goes on. I can post copies of his police record, it is public record. The guy claims to be a chemical engineer with a PhD. A PhD with misspelled words on it? Do not put stock in ANYTHING this guy says, he is a scammer, a thief and a fraud. The guy has been stripped of his sponsorship and put on "global ignore" on www.ls1gto.com. He got a few of us for hundreds of dollars, don't let him dupe any of you! Feel free to ask around on our site about this piece of shit. It is all there, the guy is a loser.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

That is quite the accusation there Spyral and I hope you got more then a picture to back your accusation up. Now I'm guessing that your actions are to help other not fall in to the "scam" but please be respectfull. You can post all you want but you will maintain a sertain level of respect or else!!

If you wish to discuss this with me via PM I'm open for it...actually could you please PM me as I'm very interested on this topic.

Thank you

(edit) after a few PM's I've requested Spyral to post all information and I welcome others to do the same to post all information towards this scam. I'd also would like to see Jason aka Phantomgoat come in and tell his side of the story.

3. Spyral

In case he tries to change it...

[​IMG]

4. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

wow I kinda feel bad now, I think I introduced him to DB. I havent been on LS1gto in awhile, ill have to read up about this...

scammers, great...

5. Spaminator

Spaminator DB Representative

Surprise, Surprise, Dr.Spam and his chunky cheese.... I don't doubt he was/is a fraud.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Wow...reCCommendation...that's really bad spelling.

7. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

All inquiries of PhantomGoat will be directed here if you search for PhantomGoat on the ls1gto website.

8. Spyral

9. Spyral

10. littlemissGTO

Feel free to browse this thread all you like.
    If you do a search on his profile and try to read any of the posts he made you will get an error page. Essentially the mods and admin have removed almost every trace of him from their site.

11. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

what I dont get is I swear i read about quite a few people vouching for him and his products?

12. littlemissGTO

13. littlemissGTO

What's really messed up is that it's CG's 50/50 that he marked up and sold for $225 a tin.

14. Spyral

Search by: Other Criteria

Go to this site, enter the name Jason Rubin and the type of case as Criminal. You will get all you need.

BTW, links work for me.

15. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

It loads for me, its a PDF file in javascript format, so might you might be having issues viewing it. Anyway it looks like some kind of court transcript from a DUI arrest he was involved in.

Well if people were buying it and thinking it looked like "Concours 81% carnuba super special uber godly wax", then I guess that says something for the 50/50 huh? :rollinglaugh:

16. littlemissGTO

No kidding.

Oh some more for you guys and gals to read

17. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

well well well. small Internet world.

18. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

19. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

It certainly appears that this guy is a dastard for sure but when I was reading through the LS1 site I must have missed the part abut the CG's50/50 and re-selling. I thought that this was an allegation. Were the people that purchased his wax pronounced shills? Since what I remember they stated that it was a pretty good wax.

Heck, I discussed some things with him that made me think a little bit about the products that I was using. It appears that he may not have been on target with his thoughts but it sure made me think about the way I have done/do things when applying products.

The most despicable thing about this ordeal is his apparent lies. Someone that says they do and then it becomes abundantly clear that they do not just cheapens the honor that should come with the such a degree.

20. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Ya know I felt the same way as you. I talked to him a few times about some stuff, and he seemed to have a pretty good technical understanding of all the detailing stuff, but some of things he said really put me off...

like just for instance, he was always recommending cleaner wax to people in threads, as a step before polishing... i dunno I didn't expect him to be a scammer, but something was just not right about him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.