Best Way to clean Carpeting

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Alan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Alan

Alan Virgin Detailer

Im looking into tools for cleaning carpet. I was goign to go with a Myte Lite 2, but I see several people gettign great results with steam cleaners, while some guys use the little Green machine. Which do you find the most cost effective? Im trying to keep it somewhat low budget, but I want a quality machine.

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

With a extractor you will get all the dirt out of the mats. With a steamer you will remove whats on the top!

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Id have to say an extractor with proper chemicals.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Well if budget is an issue you can't go wrong with the Little Green Machine it will ge the job done but it will take longer, I personaly wasen't very satisfied with the Little Green Machine but at the same time it helped me get by till I decided to get my Mytee HP-60. To be honest I'd recomend the Mytee but it isn't cheap. Steamers, well I got my eye on one and hopefully it will be coming soon but I can't really coment on them as I've never used them.

Just my :2cents: the advantage over the steamers as Grouse said it is that you use less chemicals and I'm thinking that the less chemicals you use the better off you are again just my :2cents:

5. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

As someone who has used steamers, the little green machine, and then gone with a mytee, I have to say just go with the big daddy from the get go. The time the Mytee saves, and the results it gives you cannot be beat. It WILL pay for itself quickly. Steamers and the little green machine are great, but they really aren't meant to be doing whole car interiors. It takes FOREVER, and still doesn't give you quite the same results. Just my take on it, I wouldn't know what to do without my Mytee!

6. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

there was this product that i saw from this site Kleen Car Auto Appearance
    he was selling an equipment that is an extractor and the same time can be converted to a steamer.

7. Alan

Alan Virgin Detailer

Thanks guys. Ill probably go with the Mytee Lite II.

8. SA

SA Virgin Detailer

I vacuum the carpet, then scrub with a stiff brush and vacuum again. Then mist with a solution of 1 scoop of OxyClean to 1 gallon water. Scrub again and extract.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is PRETTY impressive if OxyClean is all you used!

10. SA

SA Virgin Detailer

It's a great product and it does not leave any residue to attract new dirt. After I detailed this Volvo, they kept it about a year before they sold it and it still looked great after just regular washing.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree great turn round on that interior :thumb:

12. SA

SA Virgin Detailer

Thank you, sir!!!

13. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter