Best wax for Silver

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Steggs, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Steggs

Steggs Virgin Detailer

I’m in the market for a new wax or sealant for my car. I've done some research and there seems to be so many options it driving me crazy.

The car is a Brilliant Silver Mercedes which up until now has had a Megs product applied (NXT 2.0 Wax liquid).

Is there any product out there that would really bring this silver alive? I don’t really have the comfort level at this point to be able to polish (I know it all comes down to the prep) but in lieu of that what would you folks recommend for wax or sealant?

Thanks for all you help! PS, this site is awesome!

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I personally LOVE, LOVE LOVE how Zaino Z2Pro looks on Silver. Love it.

Did I mention I love it?

Couple that with their Z8 Grand Finale spray and you've got a good combo. :)

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Power lock, duragloss 105, werkstatt

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Sal check your PM's over on AGO. They were full over here.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i found that Wolfgang Sealant looked incredible on silver as well as Pinnacle Souveran either liquid or paste.

It's all in the prep though.

6. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Menzerna powerlock and werkstat acrylic jett trigger look great on silvers and offer good durability. As far as waxes, some of my favorites for silver are chemical guys petes 53, autoglym HD, and lusso oro.

7. Steggs

Steggs Virgin Detailer

Can anyone confirm that Jetseal 109 + Lusoo Oro will provide some really good results?

8. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i have a iridium silver amg and use pinnacle liquid souverain most of the time. i looks dazzling but any good carnuba will pretty much make it pop. i would at least clay and use a prewax cleanser before any wax if you are not doing polishwork.

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

this will definitely look good, but there are more durable combo's out there for sure. just depends on what your priorities are. durability, looks, or both.

10. Steggs

Steggs Virgin Detailer

Thanks for all your help guys. Lots of good info here. I'll let you know what I end up with.

11. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

What, no love for Collinite IW845?

12. cnut

cnut Guest

DG105 topped with Autoglym HD. Looks plus good durability.

13. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

supernatural looks great on silver.

14. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Durgloss 501/105/Autoglym HD is a really nice combo on lots of colors, with really good durability.

My personal favorite on silvers is Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Rubbish Boys Original Edition.

15. Steggs

Steggs Virgin Detailer

So just a follow up to this, I've gone ahead and aquired some AG HD Wax. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend. I'll follow up with some pics of the finished result on my silver benzo!

16. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Zaino Z-AIO topped with Z-CS or something like that. Zaino will give crazy reflections on silver paint.

17. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I really like 845 on silver. I also like to top it off with AW for that great sealant look.

18. Xcessiv

Xcessiv Birth of a Detailer

M16 and Klasse SG. On a silver, the priority is reflection instead of the depth that we're usually looking for on darker colors.

19. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

sorry to bring up old thread..i hv got werkstatt prime and acrylic jett...will it look good on silver? how do you use it? prime the acrylic jett or straight to acrylic jett? can i use rotary for applying prime?

20. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The prime is a cleaner wax it has light abrassives in it. You would use the prime first then follow it with the acrylic Jett. I like to use Jeff's Werkstet acrylic jett and top it with P21s 100% even though the longevity is not that great.