Best Wash Mitt?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by noswirls, Nov 30, 2009.

1. noswirls

noswirls Virgin Detailer

Greetings,
    I have been using a Micro Fiber Wash Mitt (Griot's Garage) for my washes. Would it be better to use a Sheepskin Wash Mitt?

-- noswirls

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I think it's a matter of opinion. I used both sheepskin wash mitts and sponges, and at the moment, I prefer sponges. I use the Uber Sponge.

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I prefer sponges... I have been on a Proline kick, but really like the uber too...

Really want to try a natural sea sponge.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I use the RG sheepskin washmitt. Have a look here.

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Rubbish Boys wool mitts..love them

6. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1.... Very Nice!

7. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

so many wash media's to choose from these days, i use the lowes proline grout sponge with no problems...

8. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

natural sea sponge FTMFW

Soft as cashmere

9. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Sea sponge for me. Its amazing how soft they get when wet.

10. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I use the Raceglaze Washmitt from Ken....Haven't felt anything so soft in my life!

11. noswirls

noswirls Virgin Detailer

Thanks for all of your replies. Lots of products to check out.

In my original post, I was wondering if a quality sheepskin mitt would be gentler on paint finish that a microfiber mitt?

Thanks.

-- no swirls

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Zymol sponge for me!

13. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Wookie!

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have used the GG MF pads and love them, also used uber washing mitt and liked that as well, but just dont like wool mitts for some reason. Now I am in love with my uber sponge and probably will not use anything else other than when ONRing. I use my GG MF pads for ONR.

15. Follmer

Follmer Birth of a Detailer

People with a foamer... Do you use the double bucket wash method along with spray soap with the foamer to provide added lubrication with soap? agpatel's aviator has me curious.. So should I ditch my MF Washing Mitt?

16. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

When I use my foam cannon, I pre-rinse the vehicle with the pressure washer to get all of the loose dirt off of the paint and tires, rims, etc....

Then I foam the vehicle, let it dwell for a few minnutes, re-rinse then wash using a single bucket. Single bucket with a Grit Guard.

:)

On a side note, my cars usually aren't that dirty, just usual surface dirt/film.

17. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

i rarely use my foam cannon (not to say i wouldn't use it if the car is really dirty), and prefer to use the foam gun these days. it's nice to be able to per-soak AND use it while washing, and being able to spray each panel following the wash media right behind it (consistent lubrication), which helps to avoid/minimize marring/scratches. here's a good example...

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun

18. skizot

skizot DB Forum Supporter

+1 agreed

19. GDAL

GDAL Guest

You and your wookie kyle ... lol

20. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Has to be the Wookie's Fist