Best tar remover?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by GigaFlow, Apr 27, 2008.

1. GigaFlow

GigaFlow Two Bucket System Washer

I have tried Clay and CG Quick Detailer/ARO with hard sponge for removing of tars from my paint, but i do not get rid of it.

Is there any liquid out there who can remove sticky tars/asphalt/sap on my paint?

I want the best of the best guys... i'm tired to use claybars and lube. Clay do not removes all the dirt. I want something who does!

somebody?

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Megs body solvent or Tarminator would be my go to's

3. GigaFlow

Is this fluid we spray on, and just easly wipe the asfalt/tars of?

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Autoglym Intensive tar remover is ok, 3M adhesive remover is fine also. Traminator works well but I heard it isnt good to use on paint.

5. GigaFlow

With all do respect folks...

I do not want something "OK"

I want somethin amasing! :)

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

+1 for Meguiar's Body Solvent

7. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Prepsol or equivelent works great.

8. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

I have the best luck with Rainex B&T remover after trying several products. It's a gel that is sprayed on, I let it dwell for 30 minutes or more on tar and it just wipes off. Great stuff!

9. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Prep Sol works great for tar..or just plain ole Diesel fuel...thats what the road crews use to remove tar and its paint safe...will not harm paint...

Now Tarminator contains Zylene..its been known to do damage to certail paints and soften plasic trim..many posts on it on other forums doing this...It did it to me also on a truck bed mat...

one guy on another forum did a brand new Crossfire and it stained and ruined the plastic grill and trim..another had it soften paint on a honda I believe ..when he wiped the paint his MF stuck to the paint and it smudged....Stoners did pay to have it fixed...but I will not use it again myself after it softened my bedliner

I use just Diesel now in a spray bottle

Al

10. GigaFlow

Thanks!

Can you give me a link to Prepsol?
    Do they have theese on autogeek?

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

you can get at most Auto parts stores...or auto body supply stores..even wal mart has it near the touch up paints....you can use it for wipe downs also after polishing....good stuff....

Al

12. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

What about DG 501

13. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

If you can't find Prepsol (which is a trade name for Dupont) You can use Proform wax and grease remover or Pro-form Acryl-Safe for plastic and rubber. They can be found at any autobody supply store or Carquest. Welcome to Pro Form Products

14. jayjacque

jayjacque Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wouldn't we all like the best of everything. Well to some one thing is best, to others something else. So anyway a couple products that have worked for me is 3M adhesive remover as has been mentioned and P21s Total Auto Wash. (both those products doubled as stain removers in carpets and fabric seats) Might like to try that Meguiar's Body Solvent sometime as I've read on other threads it's good