Best QD w/ cleaning power?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dsms, Dec 22, 2009.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Looking for a QD that is very slick, glossy, does not attract dust and actually has some cleaning ability.

I like FK425 but I think a bottle of water matches its cleaning ability.

What do you like for this?

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I love Zaino's QD and Optimum's OID.

Optimum is extremely slick compared to Zaino, but it's tends to act up if humidity is high. I haven't had any issues with excessive dust attraction.

Optimum gives a subtle glow like a nuba versus Zaino's straight-sealant look.

BTW ... I heard that Duragloss QD is the same thing as Zaino, but I haven't been able to test both products.

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

besides Fk425, i like OID or 1Z spray wax

4. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

If the car is "slightly" dirty, I like Griots speedshine
    If the car is practically clean with a little dust on it, I reach for Duragloss Aquawax

5. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've abandoned OID in favor of Duragloss 921 FC&S. I was originally thrilled with OID, but have since decided that it's too difficult to work with. Under the right light, it leaves behind a haze. It can be tough to spot, but it's there. It requires altogether too much buffing for me - the "Q" in QD is supposed to stand for "Quick," after all. No such complaints with Duragloss. In fact, when I abandoned OID, I used the Duragloss stuff to clean up the OID mess.

For polish removal, I come to like Meg's #34 Final Inspection, partially because I can get it by the gallon locally.

6. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Im using OID & DG 521 (QD for marine). I noticed that OID ahead of DG in term of slick, however cleaning ability DG ahead of OID.

I also consider to go for galon whether OID 32oz makeable to 1galon, DG 521 is a far expensive. I might agree with you, will abandon OID ... go for DG QD ... and top up with AW will give better look.

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i use adams as a drying aid q/d and pinnacle crystal mist or souveran spray wax as a wax booster q/d ..

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Another vote for Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine. I use this stuff a lot!

9. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

for straight cleaning ONR mixed at the QD level is top notch! I am a fan of OID, need to burn through that and some fk425 before i try anything else lol

10. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

I second that

11. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

For cleaning power, I like:

DG FC&S
    Clearkote Quik Shine

and as others have mentioned, ONR at QD strength is pretty effective too

Dave

12. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

also agree with ONR at QD strength!

13. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I do not see a significant amount of gloss from ONR compared to the detailers: Mothers Showtime, Adam's, Optimum, etc.

I am usually at the point where if I want gloss I just apply spray wax (spread using an applicator, wipe off with towel). It is not that much extra effort than say Optimum detailer.

14. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

what about some meguairs stuff. i use final touch and it works great for me. used fk425 and its ok, but i dont see much difference but i think fk does atract dust more then anything else
    what about blackfire qd with polycharger?

15. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

I would say ONR and not sure if it cleans that well but I use CG Synthetic QD and its about the slickest stuff ive used. i cut it 1:1 and its super slick, which means you can probably cut it down to 2:1 and have the same results. Also does not attract dust from what i know

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

another vote for DG Fast Clean and Shine. As a matter of fact, I like it even better then Aquawax...

17. richy

richy Guest

i agree. i bought the marine version and find myself reaching for it first anymore. i still like to use aw as a drying aid though..it's awesome for that.

18. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I use AW on wheels quite a bit.

I also keep 2 qd's in the car. One for cleaning (ONR at QD strength), and one for shine (FK425 or Zymol Field Glaze). I just have dodo juice 250ml spritz bottles with the mist sprayer. The Field Glaze stays in the bottle it came in.

I don't think ONR is great so much at cleaning, but what it's good at is encapsulting contamination to prevent any marring. I use it first on stuff like bird bombs, or the area right behind the wheels, that see more contamination than, say, the roof.

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I used the Blackfire spray sealant w. polycharger and it looks nice but left my car attracting lots of dust.

20. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off