Best mix for for '99 Black Tacoma...heavy damage?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by phonnieus, Jun 27, 2011.

1. phonnieus

phonnieus Virgin Detailer

I need help from the "hive mind".

I've been a long time lurker and love the forum. You guys do some amazing work!

I'm a self-proclaimed "weekend warrior" that is getting ready to make my first, BIG purchases from detailers domain, chemical guys, and autogeek. As in "this became an addiction very fast" big orders.

I've got a '99 Black Toyota Tacoma 4x4 truck that has had a pretty rough life. Has spent most of it's time outdoors (not in garage). Paint is fairly oxidized, tons of swirls and scratches, and is horribly faded.

What is the consensus on the best mix of compound / polish and sealant and / or wax, to use to not only correct the paint, but give it that "wet" look?

I've read / heard that the Toyota's have soft paint, so I don't want to damage it, but it needs heavy correction. Is a purple foamed wool too much....or should I just stick with yellow or orange with M105?

I'm going to be getting a foam lance for washing, and a Griots Garage 6" and either LC or Uber 5.5 inch pads, as well as a 4" inch plate and pads.

Should I do:

1) M105 (compound)
    2) M205 (polish)
    3) Menzerna Powerlock (sealant) ??

Do I / should add some actual wax to give a black truck that "wet" look at the end?

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time.