Best Leather condtioner found

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by togwt, Jun 10, 2010.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

'Oldest leather shoe' discovered -

The ancient shoe was preserved under a layer of sheep dung The oldest example of a leather shoe has been discovered by archaeologists in a cave in Armenia. At 5,500 years old, the well preserved cow-hide shoe pre-dates Stonehenge by 400 years and the Pyramids of Giza by 1,000 years.

It was made of a single piece of leather and was shaped to fit the wearer's foot, the researchers say. It was discovered at the Areni-1 cave in the Vayotz Dzor province of Armenia, which borders on Turkey and Iran.

The archaeologists put the shoe's remarkable preservation down to the stable, cool and dry conditions in the cave and the fact that the floor of the cave was covered by a thick layer of sheep dung. This layer of excrement acted as a solid seal, preserving it over the millennia. :shrug:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/science_and_environment/10281908.stm

2. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

where can i buy sheep dung these days? must be more cost effective than bat guano or otc leather products.

3. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

just saw the shoe in todays newspaper. very stylish

4. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

WOW!!:yikes: I hope someone offers this in an 8oz size, in a handcrafted wooden box with a certificate for a free refill! :giggle:

5. richy

richy Guest

No wonder the leather treatment smell shitty!!

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Haha, take that LM.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hey Richy! Isn't that your shoe?

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

now, that's funny...

9. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Hmm. I think Judy would classify that as a "s*it" on the top type conditioner. The * equals an h.

10. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I loled

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Will dog poop work? I got plenty of that after taking care of my sister-in-law's dog for a week.