Best Glaze/Sealant/Wax Combination for White?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by yyaman, Aug 20, 2010.

1. yyaman

yyaman Two Bucket System Washer

Hi,

I am detailing a friends' car tomorrow: a 1988 convertible Mercedes 560SL. It is white. The paint is dull.

I am going to do a 3 step polish using the PC: Meg 105 with Uber Yellow Pad, Menzerna Intensive Polish with Uber Green and Menzerna PO85RD with Uber Blue.

I want to apply a glaze, then a sealant and finally 2 coats of wax:

Now here is my dilemma:

I have 2 glazes: Menzerna Finishing Glaze and Prima Amigo
    I have 2 sealants: Menzerna Power Lock and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    I have 5 Waxes: Lusso Oro, SONAX Premium Class Carnauba Wax, P21S 100% Carnauba Paste Wax, Pinnacle Signature Series II and Wolfgang Füzion.

In your opinion what is the best combination to bring the most shine, gloss and wet look on the white paint? I know that white and silver are the most difficult colors to achieve such a look.

Thanks,

Yasser

2. mgerencs

mgerencs Virgin Detailer

I've used WDGPS 3.0 and PSSII and WDGPS with Fuzion on my black 2008 accord. I was very pleased with the depth and gloss. Both combinations lasted through a Pennsylvania winter with no problems. The vehicle is a garage kept daily driver. Wolfgang and Pinnacle supply top shelf products in my opinion.

3. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

First off you know this is probably single stage paint right? If you compound you're going to get a ton of paint transfer to your pad.

As far s product goes:
    Glaze- Prima
    Sealant- powerlock. (Must let cure for atleast 12hrs before topping)
    Wax- either lusso or p21 will be best on white

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Either glaze, then powerlock topped with lusso oro.

5. yyaman

Oh, didn't know this is single stage paint. If that's the case, I will skip compounding and just do Intensive Polish with Orange followed by PO85RD

So, based the advices above, I will do Prima, Powerlock, 24 hours wait, Lusso Oro, 24 hours wait and finally another coat of Lusso Oro.

Thanks a lot everyone!

6. yyaman

Just out of curiosity, how do you know if the paint has a clear coat?

7. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

All you can really do is either check the paint code or see if you get any paint transfer. The best LSP I have ever seen on white is Collinite 845 in my experience. I have tried Lusso Oro, Pinnacle Sig. Series, Zymol Concours, Collinite 915/476s, and WG deep gloss paint sealant and all didn't match 845.

845 is also very durable and easy to use so in my opinion, it is a win-win.

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Personally I would use just the powelock and skip any topper.

9. floraneg

floraneg Birth of a Detailer

I love Fuzion!

10. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

on white i'd go Amigo + Power Lock + P21s

ive topped a sealant with P21S before on a light grey metallic and it did dull the reflections, but you wont notice that on white - but you should get a little more wetness from it

plus P21S is the easiest of those waxes listed to apply and remove imo, which is important at the end of a long day detailing

11. co78

co78 DB Forum Supporter

powerlock or AJT.