1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have been playing around with my new foaming lance for a few weeks now and its time to get serious. What is the best foaming soap/ cleaner I can get for this thing? I plan on trying at least two or three so don't be shy, speak up.:bla2:

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Duragloss 901, Optimum Soap and CG Maxi-suds. I have used them in a foam gun and they work really nice.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've read that DP Xtreme Foam works amazingly well in a foam gun so I can only imagine how well it work with a foam lance.

4. BMWguy206

BMWguy206 Guest

Currently using DP Xtreme foam as well but might try CG Maxi-Suds next.

5. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

Megs shampoo man and at 15 bux a gallon it's a steal

6. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Adam's has a lot of foam... recently I have been using Turtle Wax Ice -- at $5/gallon clearance from Costco, it makes a nice pre-wash.

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Have you used Megs Gold Class? I only have the Gilmour but it seems to foam a lot better than CG CWC and even straight Dawn soap. It also foams better than Megs Hyperwash too...

8. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I had a concoction of DP Xtreme and about an ounce of CWG and I ended up with shaving cream, lol. I'm thinking the PW may also have something to do with the amount of foam you get.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I forgot to add that I have used Meg's Shampoo Plus and CWG and both foamed pretty well. I can't wait to try DG's CWC.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

DP Xtreme Foam Formula will give you the best/thickest/shaving cream type of foam...
    That is unless you are going to order Snow Foam from UK, which is very similar in formula, I think...

11. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i have played around with different CG mixes and Citrus Wash Clear and DI water has given me the best foam. CWG was a close second, maxi suds II was 3rd. but like MO states, the PW has some to do with it. i have found if the pressure is between 1000-1500 you get the best foaming. anything lower is not enough and much higher and the bottle gets drained too quick.

i add about 2oz of wash, 30oz of water and can do 2-3 sedan sized cars or 2 SUV's

12. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I've tried about twenty or so soaps through my foam cannon now. IME:

DP Extreme Foam: *Great* foam. Totally LSP safe. You could cover your car in straight dp extreme foam without touching your lsp. Mediocre cleaninng power.

Zaino Z5(?) can't remember if that's the correct Z number... Anyway, Great foam, good cleaning power. Expensive.

CG's Citrus Wash & Gloss: Very good foam. Fantastic cleaning power, but you have to be careful: mix it too strong and it'll strip your LSP in a hurry. Cheap. My fav.

I like to mix one ounce of either Zaino or DP extreme in with two ounces of CW&G, then fill up the rest of my cannon's 32 oz. bottle with water. This gives great foam, cleaning power, rinses well, and won't touch your LSP.

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Which cannon are you using again Supe? I can't seem to remember what your current setup is.

Oh an dit's Z7; Z5 is one of their sealants. :p:

14. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

[​IMG]

this is my set up, Craftsman 2500 psi PW

15. BMWguy206

BMWguy206 Guest

Good Lord that's a ton of CG products you have in your garage!

16. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

How about Megs Hyper Wash, that thing produces a lot of foam in my lance.

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll second that. I do this for a living and I don't have that much stuff on hand!!:worship2:

18. SuperBee364

I use the CamSpray foam cannon on my John Deere 2600 psi gas PW.

Doh! Z7... that's it. Yeah, Z5 is their (and I'm trying to keep a straight face while typing this) "Filling" sealant. mmmhmm.

19. SuperBee364

I could keep myself entertained in that room for a long, long time. Wow.