Best drying towels?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Kaban, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Hey guys,

I am still using an old but trusty yellow shammy from way back in the day.
    I was wondering what do you guys use? What's the best drying towel brand out there?

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

CG Monster Drying Microfiber Towel, bestest drying towel imo.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I really like Waffle Weave Drying towels but recently tried the towel Aldric mentioned and it is very nice.

4. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

5. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

I've come cross a few, and I think these are currently the best available: Rubbish Boy's ::: Super Plush Drying Towel

They're perfect for pat-drying, as they literally suck up all the water and you can easily do an entire vehicle. And they're very soft.

You can get them from several retailers in the UK(Polished Bliss, I4Detailing and of course Carnauba wax shop..).

Kind regards,

Ebbe

6. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

OTC towels- Viking large mf drying towels are very nice and found at retailers.
    WW's- ShowroomFx towels are sweet towels. Hold alot of water.
    WW's- PakShak ultra soft's are very nice as well. Absorb well too.

7. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

A agree with Aldric and Ken the 25 x 36 Yellow Drying towel is the best, you can do a whole car with two easily!

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Showroom FX, hands down...

9. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

One more vote for CG MF Drying Towel! Like Troy said 2 is plenty to dry a whole car.

10. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

11. Kaban

I am surprised so many suggested drying towels made of microfiber. I have tons of regular microfiber towels that I use to wipe away excess polish/compound or for wax removal. They work great for that. However, they completely FAIL at drying any section of a car. For example, if I wiped down the whole car after a wash and had one drop of water that I may have missed, my regular MF towels would take that drop of water and smear it all over the paint. Absolutely zero absorption.

How do these "drying" MF differ?

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I honestly have tons of drying towels, and waffle weaves are killer to dry with, but I wouldn't call them very soft as the weave pattern doesnt make them very safe if you happen to wipe over some grime. While the plush towels I do have, are great and I find that too much plushness makes it very hard to maneuver. IMO you need to have 1 of each to try out and use.

ShowroomFX are nice, as are eShine's for waffles, as well as the Waffler from Ken as I believe its identical to the ShowroomFX.

13. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

The CG drying MF is huge! So it absorbs so much water easily.

14. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

I believe the chemistry is that the Polymiades are suppose to to be the one trapping the water so when we have higher % of that, we can get more water trapped. And yeah as long as the towel itself is huge enough, it will easily absorb lots of water. Not all microfibers are made equal!

15. Kaban

16. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have not used the Showroom towels but the yellow Viking and PakShak towels are nice. I also like the Mothers foam core for absolute absorption (even blotting for maximum safety).

I have used Viking, PAC Big Blue WW, PB's WW, Mothers foam core, and PakShak. PakShak feel's the softest but I cannot say they are that much better. I rationalized buying a Metro Master Blaster against more high quality mf and got the Master Blaster. I do not know about others but the ww despite absorbing water still leaves a very very small film that can reduce maximum after wash gloss.

My max shine procedure is Master Blaster then a waterless wash wipedown (a lightly damp ww).

17. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Yep, thats the one!

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Meguiars water magnet and Showroom FX

19. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Pakshak Ultra Soft WW's are great and are soft and safe for your paint these are my favorite.
    Peak Premium Ultra Soft Drying Towel its very soft and it soaks up alot of water. You can get one at Pepboys for $6 its forrest green microfiber.

20. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

If you want a soft waffle weave towel, get the Pakshak Ultra soft Waffle weave towel. For a soft towel it holds a lot of water.