Best DA backing plate?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by dengood1, Jul 5, 2008.

1. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best DA backing plate for my PC? The yellow ones don't seem to last that long before coming apart. Any suggestions or links(private if not allowed) would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at the Meguiar's W67DA, and I'm wondering if there are any better? Thanks.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've never tried the Meguiar's W67DA but I guess that's because I've never had trouble with my BP from Patrick at Excel Detail.

3. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

You might also take a look at the 3M 5" BP they sell at Finish Kare. Its pretty well built, just the right size and really grabs hold on them pads. Way better than the LC ones IMO. Never tried the Megs backing plates.

4. dengood1

Are you sure it's compatible with the PC or only for rotaries? I would love to have a 3m!

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have 2 3M PC plates...best plate going....they fit a PC..they are made for a DA sander same thread size..just make sure you get Hook-it and not hook-it II....here is a link to a place I buy from at time....nice plates.....they do not fall apart....

if you see something you like call them and make sure its compatable to the PC and Hook it...

Disc Pads

AL

6. dengood1

Nice AL, thanks. Which one on this page would you recommend? Part #?

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have this one here....Part No: 02336
    Description: VH Hook Disc Pads
    (equivalent to Hookitâ„¢)
    Size: 4 1/2" X 5/8"
    Weight: 0.22
    Price: $23.03

and i have a 3 1/2 in one for 4 in pads..I do not see it here....they get stuff not shown also...great place

Al

8. dengood1

that's the one I thought, but it looks to be the same design as the LC and other's I've had come apart on me. Maybe they look the same, but the material/quality is better? Thanks again AL.

9. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

10. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Al-53, do you recommend this bp? And if so, what is it about that bp that makes it a good product?

11. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

What about the one Phil from DD sells? That's what I have.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but I don't recall who made it.

12. dengood1