Best Compount for MF Pad and VAG (Hard CLear) Paint

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by agpatel, Feb 19, 2013.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

What is everyone opinion on best compound for hard clears (Like seen on VW/Audi) with MF pads (via DA, Rupes)

Menzerna FG400
    Megs M105
    Scholl Concepts S3 Gold

Looking for user opninos before I settle on a new compound for upcoming work.

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

working on a hammered brand new Beetle and Menz FG400 is working very well but am having to step up to 105 / 101 in some places. S3 was in over it's head. Was using the Rupes blue compounding pad.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I thought S3 Gold was the big daddy of compounds.

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

+1 with FG400.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Side note how are you like the Rupes? Have you used FG400 with a MF pad?

6. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

hands down M101

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I used FG400 with Opt. MF pads on both my VWs, works great........... follow up with power finish for an insane gloss. Or leave it one step, it finishes down LSP ready.

Im running a groits

8. john baker

john baker Birth of a Detailer

i have heard that via rotary scholls s3 compound was good

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Did a hammered Q7 2 weeks ago and was blown away by the correction 101 and a Medgs MF cutting disc gave me...

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

what color is it?

11. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

The Menz FG400 gets my vote, I had a chance to play with it. Cuts and finishes very nice IME.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Red, non metallic.

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

It works very well in some cases, just not this one. The only thing the FG400 wasn't removing were literally gouges in the paint. Used 101 / 105 mix for those.

14. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

any body know the difference between fg 400 and fg 500?

15. Kilo6_one

I was gonna add, that, i had some pretty deep gouges on my Treg. Went after it with FG400, and FG 500 with an orange pad to see if it was any different.

Best combo was the FG400 with a Opt MF disk. I would say it diminished it down to about 30%. Probably would actually have to wet sand at that point. But it was perfect for a daily driver that hauls kids

16. Kilo6_one

FG500 is a euro formulated product, people say it dusts more, but IMO it was minimal. No where near 105.

Its very effective, but does not finish down like Fg400, I always had to follow up with PF.

LMK when you get it. I sent it last week.

17. vegas911gts

vegas911gts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

s3 gold or fg400 fg400 is much cheaper and s3gold is barely better so go with the menz.

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

101 or FG400

19. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

I love FG400 but i havent had a chance to try it on super hard paint yet. I imagine with a MF pad or Surbuf pad youll see great results. If not you can always get M101.

Im considering getting M101 for times when FG400 isnt quite enough. But im on the fence. If FG400 via DA doesnt get it, ill whip out the rotary for a pass and that usually solves the problem.

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Just finished a VAG correction and I am constantly amazed at the cut and finish M101 delivers...