Best Compound and Polish for 7424 on Black

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by badmatt, Jun 18, 2009.

1. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

Hey all first post just wondering what you guys like to use with the 7424 on Metallic Black Paint I have an 05 GTO with Phantom Black metallic Paint with some light to medium swirls that I want to remove and make my paint look new!

Dont know if this will help but heres a shot of the car... looks pretty crappy if you ask me.
    [​IMG]

Thank's

Matt'

2. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

A GTO...the official car of DB.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

M105/205 with the kevin brown method. heavy hitting combo for the pc7424.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Hit up Spyral..he would know...LOL!!!

Nice car..

5. badmatt

Sweet! thanks guy's im gonna order some M105/205 on monday from e-shine.ca

Looks to be a real easy product to work with from what ive been reading and seeing

Matt'

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[...Phantom Black metallic Paint with some light to medium swirls ...]

I usually reserve M105 / M205 polishes for paint renovation as opposed to the removal of light surface swirl marks (SMR)

Not the current 'flavour of the month' but IMO more suitable for SMR - Menzerna’s Power Finish (PO203S) - (M) this is a one-step scratch remover polish that will remove 2500 grit, followed by PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish to amp the gloss

7. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

I like PB's SSR2.5 on and orange pad followed by SSR1 on a white pad for light to medium swirls.

8. badmatt

well i ordered the 105/205 combo but in the mean time i went to automagic and pciked up some XP99 magic cut. heres the result...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matt'

Woah huge pic's

and sorry theres a bit of FLA on the wing

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Looks great, M105 and 205 are great to have in your arsonal. I have heard great things bou Menz 203 but I have yet to try it

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Wow, that looks really great. Nice one!

What's the deal with the large number of GTO owners here, anyway? I love the cars - I'm just curious how we ended up with such a high number of GTO owners. My favorite that I've seen was a dark blue, almost purple, with an unusual, but very good looking, blue/black interior. Could have been custom?

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You haven't tried Power Finish? Step right up!

12. badmatt

GTO's are fun beats a caddy in luxury, hell I like my Goat's interior over any lexus... feels more earth with the heavy grain leather, and suede. powers always on tap' I get 600KM's per tank on the hiway and around 500KM's in the city..

There an all around fun car that hard to beat plus you can make big power with the LS motor and package it into a very comfortable car.

13. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have an '08 Trailblazer SS with Black Granite Metallic paint which looks similar to your GTO's paint. I have been using Sonus' SFX 2 medium grade polish, followed by SFX3 finish polish on my other car with good success. I intend to use this method in a couple of days from now when I give my TB its first full detail.

14. dunncsu

dunncsu Two Bucket System Washer

I think you may have Spylar to thank for that. He referred me here from the biggest GTO forum.

BTW i drive a 06 GTO

15. badmatt

well its official... I hate my PC thing takes way to long to break down... looks like im going to start using my roatry!

16. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

I think i might need to pick up some more power finish and more polishes and pads from you.

17. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I would say powerfinish.

Tell me more about the no 99 magic cut from Automagic.

18. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

19. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

you're going to convert this forum, one person at a time aren't you?

looks like the automagic did the trick! I wonder why their products aren't mentioned very often on this forum??

20. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Same here, most people don't know about them I think.

Automagic 777 or MAGnificient are very good products.