Best combo on white cars

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by spK, Oct 2, 2009.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about redoing my sealant/wax combo again (just did it last week :) )

My car is pearl white.
    Need something that last long for winter and looks good.

Current combo is js109 (2x layers) and collinite 476s. After applying the collinite, I think the pearl particles in my paint dulled out.

What combo of sealant and wax do you pros recommend?

So the sealants I have:
    Jetseal109
    DG105

Waxes:
    Collinite 476s
    Collinite 845
    Signature Series II
    Lusso Orb
    Souveran
    DG aquawax

I think I read somewhere, DG501 is something good on white too?

Many thanks

2. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I love pearl paint.

Of what you have listed there, Your 2 DG products will look fantastic. So will 845- it has a nice crisp bright look.

And yes 501 will clean and brighten that paintwork like no other- if you have it use it, its great prep for 105 and final wipedown with 951AW

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Last week, I went all out on a 1970 Porsche 911 in (non-metallic) white. Usually I'm a sealant guy on white cars, but I decided to try something different, and went Jetseal/RBOE. MAN was I stunned at how great it looked. It's hard to describe - it looked like whipping cream.

So, of the stuff you have listed, I'd experiment with Jetseal topped with Lusso or Souveran. Not the conventional wisdom, I know, but I really liked a nice 'nuba on white.

4. G:Luv

G:Luv Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've not personally used it, but I've heard lots of positive feedback with Poorboy's Natty Red for light colors, and pretty inexpensive as well (under $25).

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

For longevity you cant beat DG501/601/105 or 2or 3 layers of Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. Both of these look fantastic on white.

6. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Yea, I'm eventually going to get that wax, need to expand a bit.

911fanatic:
    How long will that combo last? I'm getting ready for winter so that's why I applied 476s.
    Probably the only additional wax I'll be applying during winter is DG AW if it's not too cold.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

501/105 or Prime/AJT. DG will last 4-6 months probably, AJT probably a little bit less. (so I've heard)

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

My Pearl White car has been rocking Jetseal and Lusso... love it...

9. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

How long does DG AW last? During the summer/mid fall, I always sprayed a new layer of AW after a wash (washed every weekend). Is that a waste of product?

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The DG combo should easily see you through until the spring and Werkstat Acrylic Prime topped with two coats of AJT will last 6 months. We tested it on a clients Expedition last year. The truck was driven daily and was washed by me every two weeks. It was garage kept at night which always helps with durability. The upside of Werstat is that it only takes about 20 mins to add another layer so its easy to top up anytime.

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Hmm, well I just bought DG510 and 610, the AJT and prime sounds good too.... the detailing bug is returning, noooooooooooooooooooo

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

501 byitself looks good and last, or use 501 to clean then DWG topped with DG 111 or Opt Opti Seal or FK 1000p

13. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I second this and I get 6 months out of DG501/601/105 combo easily. For good durability and stupid easy to use you can't beat JW AJT. I've used both on white and both look phenomenal.

14. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

missed this thread when it was alive but i can vouch for Natty's Red looking great on white i have done 2 cars and topped them with it

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have found that topping Jetseal with Pete's '53 makes for some very bright metallic paint.

Also, Zaino will make flakes shine like nothing else...

16. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

1000P, Ultima, Z2 Pro, Duragloss, Optiseal

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

DG 601/105 topped with 845, and you are set for winter...

18. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Well I just got in DG 105 and DG 610 but I'm itching to buy some other stuff to try, mainly Jeff werkstat stuff.

Must resist temptation!

19. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Werkstatt looks awesome on white :thumb:

20. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Another :thumb: for the Werkstat Acrylic kit....Stunning on white IMHO !