best clay OUTSIDE the us?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by TechnikSLR, May 16, 2011.

1. TechnikSLR

TechnikSLR Two Bucket System Washer

After reading the thread about agpatel traveling to Germany, the hamster on the wheel started to go into overtime, what other clays are available worldwide? For arguments sake, lets just say im taking a trip to Canada or a trip to Europe. What clays should i buy? Riccardo?

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Without a doubt: Riccardo, if you come to Canada. It's the only clay I use (unless someone is willing to sponsor me and give me free clay! lol) Both blue and yellow are great, although I prefer working with the yellow since it's softer and easier to "play" with.

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

bilt hamber, dodo juice supernatural clay

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I agree also the yellow medium dodo clay is great

5. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

mmmm if majority, if not all clays are made in Japan, maybe the japanese have a godly clay of their own cuz you know they keep a lot of the best stuff to themselves =p

6. TechnikSLR

do this apply for the riccardo and bilt hamber (sp?)

7. kyoshiro

very good question, personally I dont know. I'd have to buy some awesomely packaged japanese clay and compare lol

8. TechnikSLR

you can always send some my way too! just dont tell anyone!

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Group buy on Japanese clay??? PLEASE!!

10. TechnikSLR

we cant. you cant import it into the us with the intent to distribute or something like that.

11. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Way to take all the fun out of it! Who said there had to be an intent! I might just happen to put some money in his paypal account and he can therefore purchase the clay with those funds.

12. TechnikSLR

NOTE: i do not want anyone to take any liberities with the law. but from what i have read and heard, in hushed tones mind you, that if a package arrives at your doorstep from outside the country as a gift that you haven't directly paid for, i.e. paypal your buddy money for "his kids birthday present" then nothing can be done.

13. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

i believe bilt hamber is made "in house." someone correct me if im wrong tho

14. kyoshiro

its ok guys, i'll only be sending artisan clay

15. TechnikSLR

yup that or label it modeling clay, i cant imagine many customs agents would know one from the other.

16. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I'm a customs agent, you all lose! lol

j/k :p

17. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ive used a few clays now and all have marred up my nissan clear pretty badly - bh mild, clay magic blue, ricardo yellow

ive now bought sonus ultra fine white to try.....but then i bought that from US

i have nothing to contribute here

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The Sonus white is very nice Sam. Let me know how you like it.

19. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Sonus IMO is the best out there. It won't marr anything up..

20. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

SOnus is my go too, if its really bad i grab some Zaino..........