Best Bug Remover...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I currently use PB bug squash, but a little expensive for as much as i use it. Was wondering what you guys used?

And is there anything CG carries? I've looked on the web-site, maybe I've missed it?!?!

2. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

bugsquash works well for me even when I dilute it 1:1, have you tried that?

CG body solvent? FMINUS seems to like that stuff

3. eShine

eShine Guest

I find Bug Squash works better diluted 1:1.

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I like Bug Squash at 1:1 too but for a cheaper alternative I use Majestic Solutions Bug Off diluted 1:1 and it works very well.

5. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

Pb Bs

6. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Megs APC+ works well also.

7. Calogero

Calogero Two Bucket System Washer

Megs Bug and Tar Remover

Bounty Dryer Sheets.

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The only bug remover I have used is the Duragloss one....and it works for me...not saying others are not better..but we do not have a real bad bug problem here..just mostly sceeters....

Dissolves and removes bugs, oil and tar with ease. Works great on painted surfaces, fiberglass, chrome and glass. Will not harm clear coated paint or remove durable polishes.

I just spray it on and the remains just dissolve and run with the product..17.95 a gallon..

Al

9. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

2 oz:5 gallons CWG and the Yellow Side of a Shmitt has never let me down on bugs. If there are a lot I soak a rag and drape them over the bugs to loosen them up.

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Turtle Wax
    j/k
    PB is my favorite so far. Someone gave me Stoner Tarminator to try. I have not had a chance to use it yet :shrug: :rollinglaugh: it is to darn cold for bugs yet :rollinglaugh:

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i normally use it i think 3:1... it's not that fact that it doesn't work, i'm looking for something more cost effective... I might have to check that stuff out. thnx

I will look into the MS stuff

Ok hold the phone... you use Bounty dryer sheets to remove bugs???:shrug:

hhhmmm... will see if i cant get some at a local shop here

sounds like too much work:afro:
    thanks tonya... maybe i'll just dilute NuFinish and see if that doesn't work!!!

12. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Ditto on the bounty dryer sheets. Enlighten us please, because now I am very curious.....

13. npb

npb Virgin Detailer

SC grime destroyer

14. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

+1 for Bug Squash ... buy a 16 oz bottle today and you will get 32 oz through poorboysworld.com

15. richy

richy Guest

The Bounce sheet has me interested too. I use one under the seat to absorb odours..it works well.

16. Utah12

Utah12 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi:
    I'm new to the site with some questions. I looked for a link for the Bug Squash special mentioned here and could not find it. Could someone give me a link? I just purchased some 3M adhesive remover after being told it is a great tar remover. Bugs too? In any event I was a little concerned about using it on the finish of my sportscar. The bug squash may be the answer. Also has anyone used the hard sponge like pads used for bug removal?
    Utah12

17. richy

richy Guest

I've got a bug sponge (from AG) and the DG bug remover (can't remember the #). I only had a chance to use it on one car, as I got them late last year.

18. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

19. Utah12

Utah12 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Oh well, I'm not going to pay almost $20 to get 16 ounces of this stuff. I was looking at thier other stuff but I'm not educated enough to know what to get.

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have been using Surf City Grime Destroyer since last season and have been happy with it

The original formula was very thick and hard to spray, the new formula is much thinner