before i order

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by onebaucom, Apr 19, 2011.

1. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

okay i am ordering several things from a couple of places and i need opinions...anything i should switch out or does it all look good? i am on a small budget so that's why i am not ordering as much as i wish i could. thanks for the help!

detailersdomain:

uber large dressing applicator pad
    adam's glass cleaner
    prima nero
    adam's car wash
    uber glass towels (3)
    adam's glass sealant
    1z leather care
    adam's single soft microfiber (1)
    uber ultra microfiber (1)
    adam's glass cleaner

chemical guys:
    wash bucket/ grit guard kit (2)
    monster microfibers (3 pack)

already have ordered:
    megs apc
    adam's glove box detail kit
    adam's blue kit for charity
    1z cockpit premium
    chemical guys v7
    cheap microfibers
    sonax wheel cleaner
    adam's undercarriage

i'm sure i'm missing a couple of things but that's all i can think of now. thanks again!

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Looks good, that'll be a nice order. Those Uber Ultra MFs are very nice. You'll like them a lot. I prefer them over the CG Monsters.

3. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

Dont forget the uber sponge or ONR

4. onebaucom

i was going to get ONR but i already have adam's waterless wash with the blue charity kit. the uber sponge is something i did forget to add the list! oh and i am also getting another claybar kit from meguiars. any other opinions?

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I would add CG Blacklight I used it the other day for the first time and it really did add a little something to the car topped with V7 looks great.

6. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Agree add a couple Uber sponges and if possible Einszett Glanz wax.

7. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

If you're on a tight budget, you don't need to order the buckets, just the guard will do, as long as you have buckets already?

8. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

id prob say ditch the glass sealant. It doesnt bead hard enough so just use your wipers.

9. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Can pick up your buckets at Home Depot and drop the grit gaurds in to save cash!

10. onebaucom

thanks for the replies. i probably will just get the grit guards separate but i do like the screw on top from the buckets. the kit comes with CWG so what can replace that as a LSP stripper...dawn? Since there is no need to order from CG then i don't think i am going to spend ten bucks on shipping for blacklight. i already have AG HD wax so i think i should pass on the einszett glanz. the glass sealant is not that great huh? i am using rainx right now but it really does not do much at all for me. oh and already adding the uber sponges to the list. keep the opinions coming please!

11. kyoshiro

rainx is crap lol, get some Gtechniq G1, lasts a year+ nano coating and its awesome. Though its more expensive, little goes long ways and lasts forever.
    the CG screw bucket is also actually quite nice but yeah if you're on a budget, get homedepot buckets

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Crap is harsh! While I would not say its crap, it still has its place- inexpensive and can be used many times per bottle. On a personal car Gtech is the way to go! G3 works at slower speeds than G1 tho and has worse durability less than half, but can have more uses since its 100ml, and I believe its a creme.

13. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

Rain-x has some awesome beading, especially that first week, it's durability is a huge downside though. It has its place on side/rear windows.

14. onebaucom

isn't g1 on the other side of the pond? do they sell it in the US? rainx does work a little bit but then after a few days it does stop beading. thanks for the help. since i am not spending money at chemical guys it means more money spent at detailers domain! =]

15. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

Get the smaller ONR. It has more uses than just a waterless wash.
    Once you try it you will love it. Great clay bar lube and detail spray.

16. kyoshiro

you can get it at pakshak (hawaii) or autoobsessed (canada)

17. onebaucom

so since i am not going to be ordering from chemical guys right now i have more money to spend at detailersdomain! yay! haha. so i was wondering...in terms of durability and ease...how does einszett glanz wax compare to ag hd wax?

18. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

you can always use wax on your windows............. does the same thing as RainX. if you are on a budget, look for products that can do dual duty.

19. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I prefer the look I get from Einszett Glanz much more than Autoglym HD. I never was/am a fan of Autoglym HD wax. Einszett Glanz is easier to apply and you can layer immediately. No wait time. Plus it lasts a very long time something like 6 months or more. Very good wax and IMO it's price is very low for how well it performs.

20. onebaucom

another question...best bang for your buck for leather cleaner and leather conditioner? sorry for so many questions...just trying to get the order right before i order.