Been doing my cars but now I have a boat

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Tahoe540, Aug 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tahoe540

Tahoe540 New Member

So I recently could not pass up a deal so I have acquired a boat. I have been doing my own cars for years with awesome products from Detailers Domain but need opinions on products and if a boat specific wax/sealant is really necessary.

I have a few small areas that need to be addressed and i have already done some testing on the biggest issue.

This is what I guess is from a white buoy rubbing the side for a long time.
    [​IMG]
    Used normal 3M compound on it with cutting foam and it did pretty good but not great. Probably at least 5 passes to get it close to smooth.
    [​IMG]
    Used these two products to try and finish it out
    [​IMG]
    And it came out pretty good.
    [​IMG]

So what are your opinions on a wax or other products to deal with gel coat.
    thanks
    Scott

2. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Really like the side shot!! Slick looking!! What products are in the photo? I was approached about doing a 5th wheeler that is a gel coat finish. In great shape, but what would work good?? Powerlock sealant on gel coat??

Hoover

3. Tahoe540

Tahoe540 New Member

I have been reading more on this and there are gel coat specific products mainly marine/rv stuff but if you use a good quality product it should work good. I like the hardness of the Glanz and it holds up well. I did put a coat of Adam's Buttery Wax on it too and it really make it slick looking and smooth.