Be careful around edges!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Nica, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well just as the tittle says, we all know to be careful around edges but this vehicle took the word 'careful' to a whole different level.

Here is what I saw prior to polishing the vehicle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made a video of the very, very thin areas:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Thinedges.mov

The point I'm trying to make here is to be very cautious with edges, weather it's new or old treat all edges very carefully.

If you'd like to read the full write up you can do so here:
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/1970-mach1-mustang-10210.html

2. razr007

razr007 Banned

What a shame when the person who detailed her did not do a good job for an old classic.

3. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Better be careful around the rest of the car Carlos, there's no telling what other damage that hack detailer before may have done. Good eye.:thumb:

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I took so many readings I actually maxed out my PosiTector 6000 :what: I had never maxed out my paint guage :shrug:

For the most part most of the original paint was in good conditions, except for those areas that had been previously polished. I assumed this vehicle had been previously polished with the old school methods, rotary and wool pad which, normally remove a significant amount of paint....but that's just me 'assuming' things :shrug:

Regardless I thought it was a perfect opportunity to show what happens if your not careful around edges, I mean if I didn't see these edges the way they were and I polished the edges like I normally do I would have removed the paint in a heart beat. So I adjusted my polishing technique and managed to complete the vehicle with out any mistakes.

5. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

I've learned it the hard way, but it was on a scrap vehicle so its ok. Thanks for the tip though.