1. LucidViolence

LucidViolence Virgin Detailer

So I'm finding my self a little over whelmed with different techniques and chemicals. I hope some of you can take some time to set me right. I'm not going to start buffing any cars right away. I just want them cleaned and waxed right.

First I always have problems with rims and the rockers. I have a hard time getting road gunk and tar off. I guess I should use a citrus based wash for that area? For the full wash and wax I should use a shampoo that removes wax right? And when I'm just doing a between wax wash I use a shampoo that wouldn't take off wax. What about them shampoos that add shine as well?

So after its washed I used a clay bar to get it really clean. Then something like Black Forever on the plastics and tires right? Then comes down to wax. From what I read the sealants will shine longer but not have the deep shine as a normal wax, right?

Also please recommend products for any or all steps of this wash. I only have junk turtle wax and stuff now.

I'm sorry I'm such a noob :(

2. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

search for peoples collections see what they got that will help you decide what you want.

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

to clean tires and wheel wells, I use CG grime reaper.

for plastics, I use 303 aerospace or stoners trim shine.

I good soap thats good to use for the washes in between waxes is DG 901.

A good soap to strip off wax would be CG CWC.

We may have to get together one day soon, since you live close and I can help you out with some product suggestions and give you some pointers in person.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Take him up on his offer, he will not do you wrong!

What about the rocker area, ya know bottom of doors..what do you suggest in those areas?

5. LucidViolence

LucidViolence Virgin Detailer

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I'm better at cosmetic, but do some mechanical, own my own vehicles.

I'll PM you sometime this week, and figure out a good time for us to get together.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll keep this very simple for you. Detailing isn't rocket science, but it can be confusing.

8. TheNextAZN

TheNextAZN Any Rag Vehicle Washer

don't knock turtle wax! lol.. I love TurlteWax Wax & Dry (t-9). I use that as my inbetween wax on my quick washes for my car. It makes my exterior smell nice! lol

I think it's actually good to start detailing with products you have. You'll get a feel on using products in general. Get your processes down, learn about the products, and how they work/hold up.

Soon you'll be going from your basic 3 step, wash, clay, wax ... to a strenuous 10hr detail with countless process, lol

Some quick things you can go out and grab from autostore That i really like are:

Turtlewax spray .. T-9 ( like i mentioned before, for my in between washes)
    Stoner More Shine (I like my tires shiney .. lol)
    Simple green (I cut my simple green 50/50 and use it in my wheel wells, and engine bay[when i'm detailing my enginebay], and to clean off my rims.. just don't let it sit.)
    Mothers Back to Black (i got very tired black trim, and Back To Black works decently, and is always easy to get)

9. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

PM Sent.