1. tigerwash

tigerwash New Member

Hey everybody,

I am new getting into detailing as an add-on to my pressure washing business. I was wondering if someone could provide me with a good list of basic supplies I will need (what types of brushes, basic chems and soaps, etc.) I have a 5.6 GPM pressure washer with soft pressure tips that I plan on using when necessary, but I'd like to know what other equipment I'll need.

Thanks,
    David

2. Jacob_

Jacob_ Virgin Detailer

Just wondering...I clicked on a link under your post and it sounds like you already offer detailing services but are asking what you will need to start?
    Some what in a backwards order to me!

For a basic exterior id recommend (and most likely forgetting a few things):
    -Paint:
    1. 2 buckets plus grit gards
    2. paint soap (just pick one from DB, they are all good)
    3. wash mitt (I prefer microfiber)
    4. waffle weave drying towel
    5. master blaster side kick (a must for leaving no streaks or drips)
    6. various size brushes (I like raceglaze and auto finesse)
    7. cheap microfiber towels for wiping wheels etc..
    8. most likely a sealant over a carnauba wax

-Wheels
    1. 1 bucket (separate from paint)
    2. large detailing brush from intricate wheels (the auto finesse ones would be large enough)
    3. tire brush
    4. fender well brush
    5. wheel woolies
    6. wheel cleaner (I like sonax)
    7. APC (I like meguiar's)
    8. tire dressing

I am sure I left out a few things.. but this should be enough to get your searching the forums!

3. StreetShotz

StreetShotz New Member

Thats a very vast question you are asking.

To what extent are you wanting to offer detailing services? Just a very high quality wash and dry or are you wanting to offer paint correction services and such?
    First step is to figure out how far you want to go and then take a look at it from there.

4. tigerwash

tigerwash New Member

I think mainly interior and exterior detailing (wash, wax, polish, shampooing, vacuuming)