Banned from Autopia...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by luke093, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I posted a 25% sale thing a vendor had going on as I thought it was a big deal. I even mentioned it here. While I log on right now and see banned, lift: never. I got no warning of this and I thought they were an open forum. They have a bargain bin labeled where people show other vendors sales yet nothing happened to them. I got no warning of this...

I was wrong of this situation, sorry to all.

2. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Never was a big fan of Autopia anyways.... in my opinion it's a far inferior forum to Detailing Bliss.

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

well i guess autopia turned into another AGO...?

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Thats pretty shitty, how is that anyway to run a forum?

I'm sure whoever does that on DB would warn you first in a PM.

5. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

You sure they banned you for posting that thread? You should email them and find out why they did it.

Anyways, Autopia wasnt even all that great to begin with.

6. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I believe you were banned bc you posted again in the thread about another deal with the same vendor... therefore breaking this rule "3. Once the notice is posted, the poster may not use the thread to further "market" the special. In other words, once you've made your post, you're done." in the rules thread.

pretty lame if you ask me and luke your inbox is full

7. luke093

Ohh... wow. At least give me a warning. I didn't even realize it. Well this was the explanation: Banned For Schilling Detailed Image

I really don't spend tons of time there, but still it angers me.

8. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Wouldn't this line mean they would just delete your thread and ban you from posting in the "Good Deal" thread again? In any case a full ban of the forums was pretty harsh. But then again, I dont really care for autopia and the only time I really go over there is to check out the sales thread anyways. :giggle:

9. Grizzman

Grizzman Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Autopia was not bad with the exception of a few members, beats the Ultima & Optimum shills on AG.

10. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

is this the forum with the odear color scheme?

11. luke093

Lol its the forum that went from good to terrible almost overnight. The navigation, colors, and people are just not as friendly or as cool as DB :p:

12. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

That forum is very difficult to navigate...

FWIW, I'm glad to see that you will be spending your autopia energy on DB.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

AG is terrible, Autopia is terrible. Let's be honest, the only proper detailing site out there is DB.

14. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Hey don't forget DW.

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I agree. Detailing World and Detailing Bliss are my two favorite by far.

16. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

1) Is it not true that you have posted about 10-15 thread regarding Detailed Image sales on Autopia?

2) Is it not true that 10922 is your affiliate code with Detailed Image?

Please don't whine about being banned when the rules on shilling on Autopia are very clear.

17. luke093

Your right, I should not have been complaining, but at least tell me when I'm going to be banned or something. I do it so that I can afford products, I do not advertise here just due to the fact that I love and respect this place. People do it over there all the time, and sometimes its members affiliated with the companies blog. I have been a member there for a long time, and nothing was said to me at all. Live and learn.

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

True, I like DW as well...

19. Barry Theal

Barry Theal Virgin Detailer

Sir,

I am the one who banned you. If you have an issue you can contact me directly. Let me give you the evidence of why you were banned. Its not hard to understand when someone keeps posting great deals from one website. When I look at the autopia forum I notice little things. Its a characteristic most detailers have. Often I see you posting threads about great deals from Detailed image. Usally following the post one of Detailed Images Pro Detailers will bump it later. Proof is in the posting. I permantly banned you because schilling is not allowed. Now lets look at the facts. Here is a screen print of you last 10+ threads.

[​IMG]

All 13 of these threads were recent ones started by you. This are in order. You have not posted any thread about anything else other then Detailed Images Great sales. At this point one would ponder, or at least I did. Man this guy loves Detailed Image alot. Or one would ponder is he schilling for Detailed Image. Now the next step would be to find out with real evidence. So here it is

When you click on detailed images website the url code for the promo is:

25% Off Spring Sale*– Detailed Image

Now when you click on your link in this thread.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/good-deals/134601-time-re-stock-detailed-image-;.html

Next click on that link in this thread. This code pops up in the URL :

http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10922&url=detailedimage.com

This red number is an affiliate code. This tells Detailed Image where the source came from.

Mostly on the internet these are made because links pay comission. My friend this is your code. If you check all your links this code pops up. Please feel free to prove me wrong. I wouldn't of banned you if the evidence was not there. Trust me I'm not that type of person. If you feel I made an error you can contact me on Autopia.

Mods of this forum I apologize for bringing conflict to your great forum, but I just wanted to state my point.

Barry Theal

20. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

uh oh...not cool.

Well executed and said @Pats300zx and @Barrytheal

I take my post back. I'm not looking forward to your contributions to DB.

Sneaky... I don't like sneaky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.