Bagged GLI Mild Paint Correction

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Will, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Will

Will Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Customer found me via Facebook and saw my collection of paint correction details. He himself was into detailing and eager to learn the proper techniques. He probably had just as many chemicals, tools, and microfibers on hand as myself this season so he was well prepared but didn't know where to start. I taught him the basics as I went through the detail so that he can enjoy detailing himself in his free time. It was roughly a 75% correction and made a drastic difference in the appearance of the vehicle.

Supplies Used:
    • PC7427
    • 3"/5" Megs MF Pads
    • 3" Uber MF Pads
    • Chemical Guys V36/V38
    • Chemical Guys Blacklight
    • Chemical Guys V7

Before Photos:
    GLI-Before-Hood.jpg

GLI-Before-Trunk.jpg

During Photos:

GLI-During-Hood.jpg

GLI-During-Trim.jpg

GLI-During-Trunk.jpg

Finished Photos:

GLI-After-Front.jpg

GLI-After-Wheel.jpg

In the end the client learned a great deal about proper detailing, proper wash techniques, and how to use his tools. I had fun detailing the car and teaching him at the same time. I always considered going into education after college, but I think I will stick to detailing as a career and education as a hobby :graduation:

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

nice work.

you got more pics of the GLI to whore out? that is probably the sickest GLI I have seen to date.

3. Will

The car is unbelievable. Crazy clean bag setup with old and rare OZ's. Let me see what I can dig up.

GLI-More1.jpg

GLI-More2.jpg

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

That baby looks super wet !!!!!!!!!! Nice save.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

sick. . Very rare wheels indeed

6. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great job :)! Love the car:)

7. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

WOW ... red/gold ... last time I saw that combo was on Saab 900 and BMW 6-series back in the late '80s ... talk about an OG color combo!

8. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

That car is soaking! Awesome job.

9. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I like........great job!

10. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

That's awesome buddy!! NICE! Great turnaround and I loooooooooooooooooove a bagged Jetta. :)

11. joffems

joffems Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That is one sweet ride. Great work.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks awesome. Too bad he couldn't afford tires that that actually fit his wheels.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Red: the only color that is just as difficult as black to get right, but looks better. Great work.

14. Will

Thanks everybody. This definitely was a challenging car and really put the PC/MF combo to the test.